Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Problem with draping

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 12:35 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 7:45 PM

I imported into Poser 9 an OBJ file of a woman on a bed. I want to drape a primitive over her. I have been able to drape a primitive over a table that was part of a runtime and it draped perfectly. When I choose the object that the clothified surface should drape over, in the collission frame, I cannot specify the OBJ object. What am I doing wrong or cannot one use an OBJ as the object for the surface to drape over?

Thanks

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 1:07 PM

Can you see the obj in the hierarchy editor?

Are you sure you have the primitive selected in the cloth room and not the obj?

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 1:35 PM

I can see the obj in the editor and it was not selected. As I said, I can do it if I choose a prop from the poser library but not if the prop is an obj that I imported.

Saxon3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 4:34 PM

it should work but all you have to do is save the obj file as a prop in the prop library, delete the obj file and load the new prop file, then carry on where you left off.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:53 AM

Got it. I was not waiting long enough when making my object the one to collide against so I thought it was not working. Also, in the beginning I hadn't saved the object as a prop. All is working as it should. Thanks for your help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.