Fri, Oct 4, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Cameras in tight spaces...

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 4:26 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

After all these years working with Poser I still have trouble working the camera in tight spaces like small room sets. Right now I turn off visibility on walls to hide them but I seldom like working that way and often it just isn't the right solution. Among other things turning off a wall messes up raytraced lights and reflections. Yesterday I bought a nice apartment set and the vendor had nice promos of a small attached bathroom but I can't manage to work in there even with a wall removed. I work a lot with small room sets but have difficulty working even with large room sets even with low focal camera settings unless I choose one corner and hide a wall or walls. Can any of you share tips/tricks for working single frame renders in small four wall Poser rooms without turning off visibility on the 'forth wall'?

Has anyone ever made a rig where a Poser camera is attached to a camera on tripod prop that can be moved around and positioned in a scene and then rendered from POV style? I try to render as though I am shooting a real scene with a camera... using only Poser lights that are positioned in light props and a camera that worked that way would be awesome. The closest I have come is trying to parent lights to my Poser camera to simulate a 20/80 flash unit.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 4:37 PM

If you have Poser 9 you can turn off visible in camera (is different from visible). Now you can see right through the wall and the wall still reflects and can be seen in the mirrors

Regarding the Poser camera: Isn't that what the dolly camera does?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 4:54 PM

I was going to say the same thing: the dolly camera...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 6:46 PM

Bagginsbill came up a "persepctive lens" prop that may help in situations like this. Personally I have never used it, and I don't have a link.

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 7:56 PM

Quote - Bagginsbill came up a "persepctive lens" prop that may help in situations like this. Personally I have never used it, and I don't have a link.

here you go

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2754029&page=1

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 8:44 PM · edited Thu, 04 April 2013 at 8:45 PM

Thank you for the link.

Made the Dolly Camera visible and been working with it today... been going well. Stupidly I had been using the face camera and pulling back.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.