Sun, Sep 15, 5:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Still Brycing after all these years

army4499 ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 7:28 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 6:08 AM

Hi guys (and ladies)!

I hope you are all doing well, and Brycing like crazy.  My very best to TheBrycer, Bobby Starr and the gang.

DAZ decided to kill off all my Bryce 3D products because they were removing many "legacy" (ahem, 6.1) products.  It's a pity, because they worked in BR7 too, but someone in marketing took it upon themselves to re-label them as BR6 ONLY instead of BR6 and Above, as I originally designated them.  Then they put them in the Daz catacombs, never to see the light of day.  Nevertheless - I still use Br6.1 for serious work.   

A video trailer I made with Bryce 6.1.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oRf2ltaD6s

It also gives some indication why I haven't been around for awhile ;) so don't be too hard on me.  Cheers all, and take care.

Army

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 6:40 AM

Singing "Still brycing after all these years" lol

Sorry about your products gone! DAZ I suspect have decided that Bryce is actually is legacy.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 11:57 AM · edited Sun, 31 March 2013 at 6:30 PM

Hey Army...why not become a Rendo Vendor?....just sayin as we do have a viable active Marketplace.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 1:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry about your products at DAZ.  I hope you are making new ones.  I need to get some products out there myself.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

booksbydavid ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hey, Army! Sorry to hear about your DAZ products. I've got a few. Great stuff. Their loss.

I'm still Bryceing, too. Just bought a new Bryce product last night.

Nice trailer, by the way. You have been busy, haven't you? :)

army4499 ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 6:55 PM

Thanks for all your kind comments.  It's really good to hear from you all.  With regard to my Bryce products, I wish they would have given me the opportunity to offer them in the freebie section for other Brycers before deleting them along with all the illustrations and documentation.  My gallery has many of those products.  They didn't ask, and they apparently don't care.  I have too many other demands on my time to invest any more in this company's product base or its incomprehensible management.

In any event, I still use Bryce in my graphics career, and really enjoy seeing the incredible imagination of other Brycers.  I like to pop in now and then just to say Hi.  If I have any new Bryce models created for other projects, I'll try to upload them for the gang in the freepository here at Rendo ;)

Take care, my friends.

Army

Paul Francis ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 4:25 PM

I said this in 1997 (!) and I say it now "Bryce rocks!".  Bryce venvors, creators and freebie-providers from the early days should be lauded, especially here at Renderosity, in the absence of 3D Commune.  Just my 3D worth.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

karl.garnham1 ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2013 at 3:49 PM

Hi army449

I think that was a stupid mistake on there part that is amazing work and they removed it utterly stupid I feel bad for you because I have not seen a bryce animation quite like what you've made it looks like a good Horror film and I love Horror films. By the way its really nice meeting you.

Regards

Karl

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 4:20 AM · edited Mon, 08 April 2013 at 4:22 AM

To be perfectly fair, when DAZ 3D decided to look at older products and vendors in the store they didn't just arbitarily decided to remove Bryce products.

They simply did what Renderosity have always done and removed products that were not selling, and vendors (PAs) who were no longer uploading any new products.

It may have come as a surprise to some as this is the first time in it's store history that DAZ 3D has decided to remove the non productive products from it's store.

They did use the normal channels to notify PAs that this was going to happen, and it was done in a planned way and in stages.

So many older products which were no longer selling were removed from the store, including many that were designated Daz Originals.

They were not singling out any particular vendor, nor any particular genre.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.