Fri, Oct 4, 1:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hover no longer show thkumbs of minimized images on task bar

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 14 April 2013 at 8:06 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 2:54 AM

file_493573.jpg

Dear Folks,  I am using CS5 and prefer floating windows for images. When minimized, the images *were* available as thumbnails when I hovered the cursor over the PS icon on the taskbar.  Now, there is a list and txt descrioption but no thumbnail. This greatly slows things down for me.

My pc uses Win 7 and I recently had some service done.  Since then this has been the situation with text and no thmbnails in a list of minimized images.

I find no preferences to affect this and have no clue how or if the thumbs can be restored to viewing when hoveing over ther PS icon.

Any help with this issue?  Thanks.   Thomas.

SWAMP ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:05 AM

Tom,

You need to be using an “Aero Theme” to see the thumbnails.

Right click on an empty space on your desktop and select “Personalize”, then select any of the Aero Themes and customize from there (wallpaper..etc.).

Whatever work/service you had done, probably reset your desktop to a Standard Theme.

Chuck

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 7:31 AM

Chuck, thanks very much.   I had no idea it was that simple. I had looked for "personalize visuals" in start>search at advice of one net froum to no avail.  Your help  put me right back at my comfort zone in ps.  Appreciated.   

Thomas.

SWAMP ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 1:17 PM

You’re very welcome Tom.

Chuck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.