Mon, Jul 8, 4:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: OT Renderosity (Home Page)

lindans ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:26 PM · edited Sun, 07 July 2024 at 4:23 PM

file_493596.jpg

Why is it lately that if I type in a search for Renderosity (Google) I get a list of additional sites instead of the home page coming up e.g. Renderosity on Twitter, Renderosity on Facebook, Renderosity on Deviantart, youtube, members pages and not a sign of the Homepage it's a bit of nuisance.

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:50 PM

Bad for Rendo, but good for user: raffyraffy,  LOL!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 2:58 PM · edited Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:00 PM

It only happens with Google.  Other search engines bring up renderosity.com at the top.

Google displays it mid way down page 3.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:11 PM

3 weeks ago, I told here that they should "steal" the webmasters PC before he did more harm.

Now the site, the views, all is close to completely bananas.

I think about going to other sites.

This is close to a month now.

RESTORE the complete site to december 2012 before all goes down the drainpipe.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:21 PM

Other than the blank at the top o' the forum post (thanks for the quick fix Laurie!), site looks great!  Seems to work fine for me too.  Perhaps its not the site, perhaps its the.. .  .   .  ahem  :scared:

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:34 PM · edited Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:36 PM

file_493598.jpg

Screengrab Windows XP, IE8. Fully standard and up to date.

All was well before the mess started a month ago.

Half the time I have to guess what could be behind the grey adds.

Sometimes the posts just continue to the right, with no scrollbar to get there.

very wide  and very thin with all the text off screen (to the right and no scrollbar)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:39 PM

file_493600.jpg

Ha-ha-ha- i post, I come back and see now. Second screengrab and there is no more then 5 minutes between them.

There was something behind your "ah" right?

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:42 PM

You guys realy do not think that it is "normal" for end users to repair a site view at end user level??????? Using tricks?????

Come on, stay serious.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:43 PM · edited Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:44 PM

So you are part of that 10%, I was wondering who that was!  LOL!

http://theie8countdown.com/

Perhaps its not anyone, perhaps something has attacked the Renderosity core programming?

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sorry but this has been problematic from the moment they "downgraded" the site.

I can not call this an "upgrade", about a month ago?

Morkonan ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 6:08 PM · edited Mon, 15 April 2013 at 6:09 PM

It's because the paid Google ad is more relevent than the homepage link. When that link finishes propogating, it'll start showing up at the top. Until then, the rest of the links that haven't changed will get first billing.

Zanzo ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 6:21 PM

The undercover DAZ saboteur strikes again.

Morpheon ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 9:39 PM

Dunno if it's true, but I've heard of companies paying Google so that their links get preferential treatment -- maybe Rnerderosity wouldn't stoop to that, so Google is making them suffer for it.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 6:48 AM

Hmmmmm. Only ever did a single search for Rendo home page, bookmarked it and just used that since.

Don't really see a problem with doing that.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.