Mon, Oct 21, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: import objects in vue made in C4D! pleasee

darkat10 ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 5:06 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 8:34 AM

hello guys im having a big trouble while im trying import and house that i made in c4d.

the question is: how i import the object made in c4d WITH the materials?

thank you

thd777 ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2013 at 6:35 PM

Generally you should be able to export the object as .obj (wavefront obj) with accompanying .mtl file for the assignment of material zones. However, if you used non texture based, native C4D materials, those won't transfer to Vue or any other program. You would need to bake them into an image based texture (I believe C4D can do that) or recreate them in Vue.

Ciao

TD

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 12:15 AM

UV map the OBJ house.  Just to be sure.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 3:11 AM

Native C4D exporter will not create the .mtl file needed to access uv mapping and materials/textures.you need Rptide plugin for that. The free version is sufficient.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.