Mon, Oct 7, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - April 2013 - "Street Art"

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 2:11 AM

Super found topics, Martin. It looks like your first (deer) is crying.

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 2:20 AM

Super shots, Martin :)

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 2:55 AM

file_493404.jpg

So much to see!  Thank you all for stepping up to the challenge.   I am enjoying the variety of street art here.

Here is one that a friend pointed out to me last week in Woodstock, Cape Town.  Yesterday I managed to get out with my camera and go exploring.  I was blown away by what I found in a part of Cape Town that I had last visited a good 20 years ago.  I struggled to stop looking around the next corner!

Have a great week of exploring your part of the world!

Clive

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 3:18 AM

Thanks for joining us in the forum, Priska!

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 3:23 AM · edited Mon, 08 April 2013 at 3:24 AM

HAHA! Awesome shot, Clive.  It made me think more than 30 years back, when we had a carnival on this place we are living in now. At that time there were only few trees and only heather and many summerhouses.

ALL our friends and family were invited and not ONE stayed away. Our family was HUGE then.

MY sister in-law came walking with her husband all the way from the highway to this property dressed like a Zebra and another one walked from the highway dressed like H C Anderson and he asked people for the way to Hesselø, which is a tiny island in the middle of Kattegat in Denmark. lol! A couple came over by a ferry from Hundested to Rørvig and couldnt dress before they passed the ferry stuff, so they went into a field behind some bushes and began undressing to get on their carnival clothes, which was her dressed like a nurse and he like a Arabic sheik. But the farmer near by came and asked them to leave. He misunderstood the situation, so they left to the next field.  Also there the farmer came and asked them to get out of there. Then they told him what they were doing and the farmer got very embarrassed and left them alone :D  So they came with open windows in the car dresset for carnival and it was summer,  so many of the summerhouse owners were there and got so curious to know what was going on and where. It ended up with PLENTY of people sitting on their roofs in the neighborhood to get a view to our carnival, LOL!  I shall never forget that day :)  My hubby had 40 years birthday and my mother in law had 70 years birthday, which was the reason we had this wonderful carnival with about 70 people.

Sorry for the babling and thank you for making me recalling this day :)  I dont live in a town, so I cant send you street art.  so------------- 

cfulton ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 4:01 AM

Thank you, Helle!

I am glad that this brought back some good memories at least.

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hats off for your upload here, Clive!

(didn't read he story of Helle, will do that later ;-))

prutzworks ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2013 at 4:13 PM

@ clive brilliant street art great mural!

minder is meer

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2013 at 6:11 PM

Wonderful pictures, and I loved your story, Helle!  :)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

fotoSean ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 1:49 PM

file_493470.JPG

I took this photo with my Dads camera whilst we were driving around in Woodstock.

Hope you like it.

Sean

mbz2662 ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 2:56 PM

file_493476.jpg

I know that generally we usually find and shoot something new for this challenge, but I have a really nice one I shot in February, on Catalina Island.  I'll keep my eyes open for something else new.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this one.  Thanks :)

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 9:05 PM

Wow ... terrific images, Sean and Melinda!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

GARAGELAND ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 5:24 AM

GARAGELAND ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 3:43 PM

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 1:46 PM

WOW, what impressing art is posted here!!!

And @ Helle, SO cute your story is,  dear friend.  
 Such great this came in your mind again.  
 thank you for sharing :)

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 1:47 PM

file_493548.jpg

And now my own little story:

I was so long searching for some streetart, going by bike through the area.
Didn't find any, but....
came home and behold our garage, which is somewhat hidden and not good visible from the street.

Well, I saw what our youngest daughter Iris had painted on the door when she was 17 years old.
So here our own 'driveway art'. (btw, Iris now lives in Lacey, Washington State.)

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 3:07 PM

file_493550.jpg

That counts and works, Jacomina, large and original!

Here is one most resisdents of Cape Town know very well.  It is on one of the main routes out of the city bowl towards the airport and the Southern Suburbs, and has been there for a good few years.  That is Devil's Peak of Table Mountain in the background.

I am really looking forward to the next week of all of your 'Street Art'!

Clive

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2013 at 3:30 PM

This really is so 'rich' looking streetart, Clive. With so many splendid colors on.

In comparison I think we have a poor country, because here in my neighborhood, nothing such colorful is to discover.

costapanos ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 12:02 AM

file_493576.jpg

I am really enjoying this challenge. Nice seeing other parts of the worlds street art scene. 

Caught this one yesterday as I was showing a friend the murals of the Mission District. 

Actually nice catching the artist at his craft. I"ll be back down there to see the end result. 

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2013 at 2:47 AM

This is AMAZING to see, Costa.

costapanos ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 9:12 AM

file_493666.jpg

My second image for this week. 

An alley doorway

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2013 at 7:06 PM

I stopped getting bots on this thread again ... :(

Jacomina, I love your daughter's art on your garage!  How interesting, that she painted that at 17 and then moved to Washington later.  It's a style that's local to the Washington/British Columbia area.  Wonderful work!

Love the wall art, Clive and Costa ... excellent!

No art here ... just canyons and lakes and clouds and scenery!  I'll enjoy yours for now.  :)

prutzworks ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 1:04 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2013 at 1:04 AM

file_493687.jpg

wow brilliant murals above!

shot this one last saturday while shopping in the city (nijmegen the Netherlands)

minder is meer

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2013 at 8:47 AM

Oh!  You found Waldo!  :)

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 5:03 AM

file_493753.jpg

I love all that I am seeing here!

Here is another photographed in Woodstock, Cape Town.  It would appear that there is a theme of nature conservation that runs through a few works that I saw there.

Clive

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 11:28 AM

That's some pretty pro street art, Clive!  Wonderful!

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 3:49 PM · edited Sat, 20 April 2013 at 3:50 PM

file_493770.jpg

Here is another in the theme of conservation - they actually cover one wall of a house, I had to split the shot to get distractions out of the photos.

Clive

3DGuy ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 6:28 PM

Very cool artwork there :)

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Chipka ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 7:45 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2013 at 7:49 PM

file_493899.jpg

Taken today.  Chicago.  In Spanish.  Well, the photograph doesn't speak any particular language. But this is the side of a DJ supply store, full of gaudy things, and some guy came out with an arm-full of DJ stuff, laughing and saying something very fast (and not entirely suitable for Children) in the neighborhood's singsong Spanish.  I got wet while taking the shot since, having seen this challenge moments before leaving Corey's to buy a liter of Dr. Pepper and a Dove bar.

On a side note, I didn't think I'd miss Dortmund, Germany, until Garageland posted two shots that make me think of...well...drinking beer.  In German.  

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 10:11 PM

Hola, mi amigo!  Como estas?  :D

Unfortunately I can only be your friend in Spanish for a little while, and only if you want to endlessly discuss how you are, and whether I would like to eat chicken or shrimp.  :P  After that I'm all Anglo.

Chipka ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 3:13 AM

That's about my level of Spanish.  You got me beat.  I don't know how to say "shrimp" in Spanish, but I can say "pickle" in Estonian, for what that's worth.

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 3:42 AM

Shrimp (Prawns) = Camarones.  So, for example, Arroz con Camarones is rice with prawns.  When you live "out west," that's good information to know!  :)

What's pickle in Eastonian?

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2013 at 2:48 AM · edited Sat, 27 April 2013 at 2:51 AM

file_493972.jpg

I do not know what a pickle is in Estonian, but a 'vulture' in Zulu is 'Inqe'....!

Also from Woodstock, Cape Town, in the theme of nature conservation.

'White Headed Vultures joined the endangered list 2007.  10,000 - 20,000 left, Zulu name:- Inqe'

Clive

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2013 at 4:14 PM

file_493981.jpg

87 years in this home - my home my heart

3DGuy ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2013 at 4:16 PM

Very cool :)

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Meisiekind ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 7:55 AM

I missed out this month but just went through all the images!

Well done everyone!! There are some awesome works here.

Clive - I didn't even know that CT had so much neat streetart!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 9:34 AM

There was so little street art to be seen on our travels, but I've enjoyed seeing everyone's posts here!  Looking forward to the next topic. :)

cfulton ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2013 at 2:17 PM · edited Wed, 01 May 2013 at 2:18 PM

Where is it at that you call "Home"?  Share what makes it special to you in May with the challenge of

*** "The place that I call 'Home'".***

Thanks again for all of the sumissions this past month!

Clive

mrsparky ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 6:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2867511

file_494404.jpg

...heres one... plus details of loads more at link above

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

cfulton ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 1:31 AM

Thanks for the link!

Such a pity that this forum subject is over - I really like all of the work being done there.

Clive

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.