Mon, Jul 8, 8:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Is it possible to render an image without the sky background?

strongbear ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 7:12 AM · edited Mon, 17 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is it possible to render an image without the sky background? Whenever you create a scene in Bryce, it automatically has that sky dome. I want to be able to create an object in Bryce, light it, and render it with a transparent background so that, if I were to export the image as a png, it would just be a render of that object.

The reason for this is so that I could use that rendered image with a completely different background (which would be assembled in Photoshop using various layers) instead of having to create the entire scene within Bryce. While I could potentially create it in Bryce, I already have everything else I need, and just need to render certain objects which look better rendered in Bryce.

Is there a way to do this and somehow turn off the skydome so that there is no background?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:17 AM
Forum Moderator

My quick fix would be to create a backdrop behind the object and align the camera to exclude any sky or ground, then shutdown any lighting you have - sun/moon shadows etc.

I'm not sure you can export as a png, but as a jpg you could use psp or ps to make the background transparent.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 2:32 PM

I don't have Bryce intalled yet... but the answer is yes you can disable the sky... and even the sun light...  it will be in one of the settings...  under environment and lighting... sorry I could not specifically tell you which one....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

orbital ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 5:31 AM
clay ( ) posted Sun, 21 April 2013 at 1:12 PM

Select your object/s do one render of the scene save image, do a 2nd render with the objects selected using the render mask function then save that image, then mask it out in photoshop or whatever paint application you have.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

phive05 ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 9:13 AM

file_494909.JPG

> Quote -   > > Is there a way to do this and somehow turn off the skydome so that there is no background? > >  

Yes there is. Click the dropdown menu under first sky window and select "no atmosphere" then you can select a background color on its colorbar. (see attched image)

phive05 ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 9:24 AM · edited Sun, 02 June 2013 at 9:24 AM

file_494910.JPG

once that's been done the color bar appears and the background color can be selected here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.