Thu, Sep 19, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Libraries for Poser 8 and 9 vs Poser Pro and Poser 7 and earlier

westcat ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 2:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

OK Folks;

I upraded to both Poser 8 and 9 from 7.  Now the libraires for each are way different than either 7 or Poser 2012 Pro.  How the heck do I install content I have either made myself or bought from either Renderosity or some other vendor that is not the Official Poser Content Store ?   How ? I liked doing it manually :)

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 2:50 PM

Set up a separate Runtime in the whateverdirectoryyoulike location, link that runtime to the various libraries in your various Poser vers.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

westcat ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 7:23 PM

How do I link it ?   So I just creat a folder called runtime then put the usual sub folders into it ? And this new runtime I may fill up manually ? For example I could move over my entire old poser seven runtime ? 

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 7:35 PM

No you creatute a Folder called Whateveryounamedit and put a runtime folder in it now you dump all the stuff that a runtime ussually contains

Now from within Poser (each version) you add the Whateveryounamedit folder as a runtime

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 7:38 PM

Page 131 in the Poser pro 2012 Manual

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 8:54 PM

I'm surprised that having Poser 7, you didn't notice the ability to link external runtimes to it.  You can even link the runtimes of previous versions to your current application without transferring any files.

westcat ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quote - I'm surprised that having Poser 7, you didn't notice the ability to link external runtimes to it.  You can even link the runtimes of previous versions to your current application without transferring any files.

Right but there is no subject that talks about linking external runtimes that I can find in the manual, honest.  I linked the library to Poser 8 just recently Where the heck is that in Poser 7's manual ???

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 8:13 PM

Page 38, Adding Libraries.

westcat ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 7:27 AM · edited Wed, 15 May 2013 at 7:27 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_494446.jpg

Thanks got my library and render to work http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2439482

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 May 2013 at 11:47 AM · edited Sat, 25 May 2013 at 11:49 AM

not sure if this is still true these days,
or maybe it was just a bad dream,
or maybe wrong about why this happens ?

but something to be aware of when saving to library,

when you + add to an external runtime, paths in cr2 are saved with the drive letter,

when you +add to main or download, paths are saved with the :runtime relatve path

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.