Tue, Oct 22, 5:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: P10 PP2014 covers

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2013 at 6:13 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:38 AM

Anyone know where I can get the figures on the cover art? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2013 at 6:37 PM

See the thread "CHECK THIS OUT", I believe they mention who she is in there, back about 5 or 6 pages.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2013 at 7:04 PM

Quote - Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys use Roxie? She's cute, and I'm sure it would drum up a lot more interest in her...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2013 at 6:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys use Roxie? She's cute, and I'm sure it would drum up a lot more interest in her...

I agree. Roxie does have potential to be a well-used model if given enough support. They could have used Rex too, for that matter.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2013 at 8:51 PM · edited Wed, 22 May 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

She wasn't quite ready for her closeup when we needed to execute the box art.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

Which translates as "She had a face like a bag of smashed crabs". ;)  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Yup. If it's the woman on the box you're interested in, that's a characterd based on Alyson 2 called Anastasia.

Which translates as "She had a face like a bag of smashed crabs". ;)

And that quote is why I love you, Sam!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 8:01 AM

Steve is too polite to react, but let me say that a lot of work went into Rex and Roxie and they where not production ready yet at that particular moment.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quote -

Quote - Which translates as "She had a face like a bag of smashed crabs". ;)

Both these quotes are going into the animated "Story of Poser" biopic that I'm planning to make, using Poser, if I ever retire ;)

I expect Poser Pro 2044 will make that project a breeze too.

Also, I like that Anastasia got the lead spot on the cover... she deserves it too...

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 9:17 AM · edited Thu, 23 May 2013 at 9:30 AM

Living on the central California coast in a town with a thriving commercial Dungeoness Crab fishery, a bag of crabs is indeed a thing of beauty; smashed, not so much. :)

I posted over on RDNA in a thread about the Fitting Room about the challenges of developing content in parallel to developing an application, with critical features that may not be quite baked at an early stage creating challenges in the content pipeline. The post is here if you want to read it in full: Rex and Roxie Dev challenges

The basic premise from that post is that it's really challenging to develop a new version of Poser and in parallel develop new figures that take advantage of new features which may or may not be ready in time for us to use at points in the project's timeline where we were hoping to put them in place. My analogy in the post? It can be like digging a hole with an awesome new shovel that doesn't have a working handle yet. :-) The content team needs to rerorder tasks and adjust milestones to ensure a parallel deliverable. The steps are lengthy roughly lining up like this:

• initial design, sketches and base shape feedback (prior to rigging which is tough)
  • generating UVs for the texture work to start
  • retopologizing the shape with a new mesh tailored for good subD
  • setting up the faceroom data
  • working on creating new morphs or transferring morphs from the intial shape
  • rigging and magnets, advanced body controls and dependant parm set-up
  • proofing textures and material nodes (and tweaking UV flow if needed)
  • proofing bendability
  • walk designer set-up
  • polish/organization of morphs and expressions
  • polish of channel organization, naming, and any tweaks to rig

Also happening in parallel are marketing efforts that include tasks like renderings for the hero image for installers, printed materials for the physical version of Poser, box images with a range of uses including our website, academic resellers looking to list the product in their catalogs and the 600 pound gorilla with pages to build - Amazon.

That hero needs to look awesome. And artists who know Poser and rendering need to be able to pose and render that art in advance of when we need to put it in use. For this version, we tasked a team at RDNA (Syyd, Traveler, Nightsong) to help us produce those images. Early tests with Roxie showed awesome promise. She's spunky, cute and well textured, but at the time, there weren't enough finalized facial morphs to get enough expressiveness to make me happy. BTW, her inspiration is the actress Valorie Curry .

The job we face? Balance working with the tools at hand, the resources we have access to, the things we know artists will want to do down the road, rolling in new features we believe will produce better results when rendered or animated, while trying to complete time-consuming and interdependent steps that we hopefully won't have to undo, unraveling weeks of other people's work... It's not a perfect process by any stretch, but hopefully you'll get a better understanding of the juggling act (that we love) that is releasing Poser and cool content for it.

Cheers,

Cooper

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 9:52 AM

Yeah but my version was funnier. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hey....I laughed.

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Both these quotes are going into the animated "Story of Poser" biopic that I'm planning to make, using Poser, if I ever retire ;)

I expect Poser Pro 2044 will make that project a breeze too.

Also, I like that Anastasia got the lead spot on the cover... she deserves it too...

The line definitely has inside joke material. I could totally see that being used as an Easter Egg dialog between characters.

Character 1: She wasn't quite ready for her closeup.
Character 2: What's that supposed to mean?
Character 3: It means she had a face like a bag of smashed crabs.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quote - Yeah but my version was funnier. :)

mon chapeau sir. :)

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm a jerk. Within all that longwinded stuff I posted above, I neglected to post a link to the cover girl character Anastasia from Black Hearted here on Rendo: Anastasia GND

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 23 May 2013 at 2:38 PM

@ Vilters - I wouldn't have posted such a comment if I thought there was any possibility of upsetting the guys in the Poser team, but I know from previous dealings they're all a good natured set.

@ Mr Cooper - Any time, sir.  Maybe I should write the ad copy for Poser. :D  

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.