Sun, Oct 6, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Animations, preview mode, size, am I the only one?

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 1:30 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 8:13 PM

Hi,

Saw the animations in here, amazing.

Doing a little 30 sec. spot, and running into a small problem.  When I create the animation, preview mode, in .avi, it completes it, but it won't load in Win Media Player (crashes it) and  wont load into Adobe Premier Elements either. 

I have gotten around it by creating the frames in images in photoshop format, loading them into PS Extended, and creating the animation in there.  It works after that.

My question:  is this a limitation of the output file?  Size limitation? codec? 

I was able to create sections, x amount of frames and it loaded and played correctly.  So I could do it in parts, but I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

Also wondering about dimensions and resolution.  What would be the best for youtube HD? 1280 x 720? with 72 resolution? 

Thank you.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 1:41 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2013 at 1:42 PM

You're definitely not the only one!

This is a perpetual problem.  I don't know if it's been fixed in newer versions, probably not. 

Basically the AVI mode in Poser doesn't work.  You have to save as images and assemble the resulting BMPs or PNGs in VirtualDub or WMM or whatever.  

And sometimes Poser won't render more than N images at a time, and you have to do separate sessions for the next N images.  N is usually around 150 in my experience, but doesn't seem to be constant.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 2:34 PM

Thanks!

I was able to make 3 videos of 900 frames, 1280 x 720 in 72 pixels resolution, 300 frames each in avi.

Works, but..

It's better using images in Photoshop Extended anyway as you can adjust everything in photoshop before making your movie, such as sharpness, levels, color etc.

I'm still trying to figure out what would be best for an HD youtube vid, but I'm getting closer.

BTW, your scripts amaze me.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 2:51 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2013 at 3:04 PM

For youtube HD I save all the frames as 1920x1080 png files (sometimes I photoshop the individulal png files) and then pull them into Adobe Premiere Elements to make the movie. There are a lot of programs out there that can take the png files that Poser makes and convert them into a film.

If you don't want to use png files you can save them as jpg or other formats.

I upload the files as mpg files. Here is my page if you want to see one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/1ToxicWolf?feature=mhee

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 3:36 PM

Thanks!  That helps a lot.  Your animation looks great.

How did you do the fire?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 3:49 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2013 at 4:02 PM

Hi

It depends on what version of poser you are using, but I was please to see that Poser Pro 2014 will save the animations in a variety of formats including WMV.

I have had problems at times in the past but usually I could open the .avi files in Premiere Elements, I'm using version 10 now.

I do all my animation in Preview Render at 1920 by 1080 no matter what size I want them to end up.

This gives me good quality renders with out the long render times.

I do render long animation in sections, use the render range dialog to tell it to render frame 1 to 500, 501 to 1000 etc.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 4:08 PM

the codec is important. which ones have you tried ?

I use the one Microsoft Video 1.

I now get an error when poser5 tries to play the avi but they play fine when opened outside poser.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 4:30 PM

The fire was done with Nerd 3d's Smoke and Flames. (I think)

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 4:30 PM

Hi again

Yes I too find that the Microsoft Video one is the most reliable as far as opening in other programs.  In fact I've seldom be able to make any of the others work.

You can also try no compression, I've been able to make that work at times.

I've also found that AnyVideoConverter, will convert the files from Poser into a format that will open in other software.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 4:49 PM

I also vote with Mike. The Microsoft Video one works best for me too.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2013 at 5:02 PM

bookmark

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.