Sat, Sep 21, 2:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: comments?

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2001 at 7:21 PM ยท edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 7:55 AM

I posted the things I was working on (the 3 views thing) in the 2D Gallery. Gimme comments please, and don't be gentle. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

APFrey ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 9:00 AM

I believe I like the second one best. While the un-zoomed pic is very well done, it displays a little too much clutter and the eyes tend to wonder aimlessly. The zoomed pic is a little hard to grasp what is happening. This is fine if you are going for an abstract look but I don't think you are after that since the dragonfly is so recognizable. The medium view I think is best because we see enough to know what is happening but our eyes never leave the maze of colored wires. Our eyes jump from one location to the next tracing colors which ultimately lead back to the subject. This image is very well done. Good job Slynky! -Andrew

Usurer ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 4:32 PM

If your really want to know my honest opinion. The 2 closer images are less intresting. Im not favorable to the colors you chose for the dragon fly. I did not like those. Sorry but you said dont be gentle. The largest one "The Grudge (full view)" Is undoubtably one of the more intresting composite ive seen in a while. Great stuff to look at! The use of bnw is great. the subtle color is good also but i dont understand the importance of the dragonfly. If your were selling this full view grudge. which is the impression i get by your print size (amazing) I would buy it if the dragion fly was not there. The original abstract "Untitled" is very intresting on its own. I tried looking at the face and bug with my glasses on and off and one eye closed but i dont get the dragon fly. I do like the image very much you did a fantastic job. Im just givin my not gentle opinion.

Slynky ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 4:50 PM

Ive been wondering the same thing with the dragon fly. It's Alpha's dragon fly by the way, though it didn't come with the motherboard textures, lol. I very well might print two biggies up, one with and one without. I also actually thought yesterday about making some drastic changes to the dragonfly itself, more than just subtle texturing... but I dunno. Also, the 2 other views are just that, views. They aren't crops. I've not pondered cropping it at all, and I won't. It's just a closeup on the last thing I worked on in it. I'm at a loss as to what else I can do with it, so I'm thinking it very well might be done. Gonna be expensive to print though man... probably like 50$+ for a poster size print, which is what it's meant for anyways (I'm not working at 600ppi for no reason here...).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.