Mon, Sep 9, 7:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: which renderers support poser dynamic hair?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 9:48 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 9:27 AM

and/or any of the free ones?

do we haz options?

thanks 😄

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 11:48 AM

Not free I know but Vue supports it.  It isn't perfect but it does work.  Not sure which is versions of Vue have the Poser bridge, or if you can buy it as an ad on.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 12:36 PM

does vue have it's own dynamic hair that will work without poser?

what about  ?

luxrender
octane
indigo 

cararra has hair not compat with poser dyn hair props.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 12:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Luxrender does if you use Pose2Lux (also free). But it WILL increase the hell outta ur render times.

Laurie

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quote - does vue have it's own dynamic hair that will work without poser?

what about  ?

luxrender
octane
indigo 

cararra has hair not compat with poser dyn hair props.

Vue doesnt have hair of it's own, but will import poser hair room stuff as part of a pz3

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

raven ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 17 June 2013 at 12:59 PM

file_495265.jpg

This is a render from Lux using Pose2Lux and Luthbel's Lycanthropos. I did remove a lot of the hair from the Lycan though.

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 1:05 PM

file_495268.jpg

Octane (in DEMO) temps to support it, but turns the guide hairs into finite sized leaf-like objects and does not respond to variations in population density. But it does follow the movements. See image.

LuxRender via Reality3 does not support dyn hair, according to the manual ch 14. Test: it shows no hair at all in the render.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2013 at 1:16 PM

You can import Poser dynamic hair into C4D with the InterPoser Pro plugin. The sim also runs much faster in C4D, with many more possibilities, and with an excellent hair shader, that also renders very fast!

I'll post an example once my fly-through of the City of London has finished rendering...

face_off ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:10 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:11 PM

Attached Link: http://youtu.be/x6MUqSwJJe4

Poser dynamic hair renders in Octane, however the hair folicle converts to a polygon, so the end of the hair has an edge to the base.  There is potentially a python script which would convert the folicle to polygons, and therefore Octane would do a better job than currently.  The other option is ZBrush fibre hair, which renders extremely well in Octane.  The link above by Chopper gives an idea of ZB fibre hair rendered in OctaneRender for Poser (although it's not "dynamically moving" in this video).

Paul

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.