Tue, Oct 22, 1:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Bullet physics and duplicates

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 3:15 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:41 PM

Is there an easy way to duplicate objects in poser. Say I want to create 50 cubes so I can drop them in bullet physics. If I create a group then the group is not a available in bullet. If I create a bunch of cubes in modeling program, then the drop as one object in bullet. Is there a hot hey for duplications? Any ideas?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 4:05 PM

I'm rendering right now so I can't check in Poswer, but I seem to remember something in the manual, in the section about Bullet dynamics that involved "clones" of a bowling pin. So it should be possible :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 5:25 PM

There is, and I read that, but my understanding is it copies the physics stats. I want that, but I want to create large amounts without hiting dupilicate, move item, repeate.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 5:29 PM

And now that you replied Trekkiegirl, I'm thinking of how I should try getting all your morphing props, apply windforce and have the garbage fly around a scene. Next render.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2013 at 9:23 PM

file_495748.jpg

Well I ended up placing 109 coins to fill a treasure chest. Ok, I didn't fill the whole chest, I use the tray prop, and filled it. Kept having the coins bounce out and I would put them back in, until I figured looks better with some on the ground.

Full image in my gallery (lazy pin-up) here

timarender ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 8:50 AM

IMHO, if a Prop is given 'Bullet Figure' values, then it retains when the Prop is saved into the Library. One could them spend a few minites manually adding many instances of the Prop.

I find this is one area where 'scripting' can be very useful. A script would load all the props and randomly position and rotate them. I have done this a few times whilst playing with PPro2014; and it can be fun to watch several hundred objects falling down.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 10:50 PM

I never thought to add them to library, thanks for that.

Yeah a script would be awesome, and I had thought at some point in history I had seen a script like that, but couldn't find it.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 2:13 AM

Ockham once made a script for me, for my hallway prop. It duplicated the hallway and placed the new instance at a fixed distance from the first, that way creating a long (infinitely) hallway with a few runs of the script.

I suppose sometng like that could be used. A sort of scatter script. Which I have a VAGUE ideea someone did already... 

And it seems I'll have to look into this bullet thing. It just recently dawned on me that Bullet is a name for a dynamic method, not something that has to do with bullets.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 2:22 AM

As was already said, it's fun just to click the live sim, and drop all kinds of stuff. The more the better. Long live Chaos! Oops where did that come form.

timarender ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 4:01 AM

Here is one of my own scripts, which might help. Before running it:

1. set the 'proplocation' to point to the Prop to load.
  2. Set the 'numberofprops' for the number of instances of the prop to load.

http://tima.uk.com/poser/load_props_randomly.py

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 4:05 AM

I need to head off for the night, but I might have to cut out of work early tomorrow to play with this baby! Thanks!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 7:02 AM

Ooh thanks! I love all sorts of Python magic. I haven't got a clue as to make pythn scripts, but I enjoy using them, especially those who "makes thing happen" like this one :D

timarender ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:28 AM

On a related matter.
Although not using Bullet; my test animation here (best watched at 720p) uses up to 3000 Props in scenes. The 'movement' of cards is controlled by the movement of a single object to which all the other 3000 objects 'pointat'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpaOKzLhy-o

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:41 AM

Quote - On a related matter.
Although not using Bullet; my test animation here (best watched at 720p) uses up to 3000 Props in scenes. The 'movement' of cards is controlled by the movement of a single object to which all the other 3000 objects 'pointat'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpaOKzLhy-o

OMG this is awesome! Looks sorta like a school of fish. How in the world did you do this?!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.