Wed, Sep 18, 6:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT - Tribute to the babe

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 1:55 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:19 AM

Here I am railing about certain national and international news and trying desperately to control myself not to open a debate about most of them. But the one thing I can safely bring out is that we’re terribly happy that the new young prince (correct me if I’m wrong please since I’m American and not familiar with royalty) has been born to the royal house. God bless and long and healthy life to the young prince and the family.

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 7:07 AM
Forum Moderator

I can't get behind the whole royal family thing, but I am happy that a healthy child was born to a loving couple.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 10:56 AM
Forum Moderator

Quest, you are correct. The son of William & Kate is a prince and 3rd in line to the Throne.

The new Prince of the House of Windsor is now the most eligable bachelor on the planet ;)

While most in the UK are very happy about this, there are some who feel that the monachy is outdated and should be done away with.

What is more contentious are the attempts of the establishment to create a scenario that permits Camila to be Queen to King Charles when he takes the throne. This is not something I am personaly happy with at all.

BTW - OT debate is permitted here, but lets keep it civilised.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

airflamesred ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 3:03 PM

Rather like the weather, the TV coverage is stifeling.

I'm quite happy with the monarchy, generally but they need to curb their income. How can Charles earn money, renting a big shed in Milton Keynes to Waitrose - what's that all about.

Yuroven ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 4:11 PM

Thought there was a King rule from centuries ago saying no divorce prince can...ascend? But not that knowing of England law...so no Charles 3 (or 4?)

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 8:37 PM

The TV news coverage hype here in the States has been deafening so the birth could not have gone unnoticed. With the mess going on in the rest of the world and this NSA fiasco the birth of the royal baby is sorely needed good news. Now the hype is turning to what the name of the young prince is going to be. I here they’re even taking bets on it.

With all due respect I view the English monarchy as a nostalgic token of an age and a history gone by but I’m sure that to many of our English friends it’s a more personal matter.

goofygrape ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 10:20 PM

Long live the new Prince 

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2013 at 10:19 AM
Forum Moderator

You can get 2/1 on George for the name.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2013 at 12:25 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2013 at 12:29 PM

@theBryster; this is too funny...this morning when I saw your post I was going to take your bet and say he was going to be called Alexander. Now I see on the news that they've named the young prince George Alexander Louis. Long live the Prince.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2013 at 2:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Seriously, the bookies here were doing great business.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2013 at 3:22 PM

God bless the queen, God bless the prince,God bless the Brits, good cheer to all of you.

NSA?? thing.  Maybe we need a private chat, Questy.  Although it won't be private.  

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 26 July 2013 at 4:24 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2013 at 4:28 PM

Hi Skiwillgee hope you've been well.  NSA...I'll be more than happy to have that discussion with you. Start the thread and I'll be glad to participate.  But keep it civil if we don't happen to fall along the same lines. :biggrin:

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 7:41 AM

Well it's been a bumper year here in Britain. Lots to cheer for, which is unusual as we like a moan. We had the Olympics, and the Jubilee last year. Then this year we had Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, Chris Froome winning the Tour de France, after Wiggo won it last year. We are currently giving the Aussies a bashing at cricket after many years of them humiliating us. Also the British Lions beat the Aussies down under as well. 

I'm pleased for William and Kate because they seem a nice couple. I think Prince William is breathing fresh life into the Royal family and think his Father should step aside when the time comes. I do appreciate the hard work the Queen has put in over the years, especially now that she is 87. 

Oh and we've actually had 4 a couple of months of decent weather which is starting to resemble a summer. The first in about 7 years after one of the longest/ coldest/ wettest winters in years.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 9:26 AM

@ Quest

I am hurt you even thought I might not be civil.  I think you know me better than that.  OK, I'll start an OT thread.  It's been too long since any real lively discussion has happened here.  Bobby and Bryster get the lock out and chair ready.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 28 July 2013 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

The Comfy Chair is always ready.............muuuhahahaha!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.