Tue, Oct 22, 4:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: hope someone can help

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:21 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 9:46 PM

OK I have CS6 on windows 7 64bit. I was able to get the xenofex 2 demo install (64bit) and installed it(it use to run perfectly on my old machine which was 32 bit, windows vista and cs5)

Now xenofex opens...but the moment I try to apply a setting it shuts cs6 down.

I tried to contact alienskin but they say that they do not provide support for xenofex anymore!

anyone have any idea how to get this to work? I use the constellation plug-in an insane amount. There doesnt seem to be a plug in that does the same thing either.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaallly need to get this working.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:44 AM
Forum Moderator

Hello DarkElegance 

Doing some research seems there is an updated verison of the plugin that needs to be downloaded to provide usability in the 64 bit versions of Photoshop. Have you tried downloading that and installing? Here is the link for the update for http://support.alienskin.com/entries/20693386-Old-installers These updates according to what information I could fine provided support for 64 bit versions of Photoshop. Now it seems has discontinued xenofex 2 but has incorprated the functions of it into their new Eye Candy 7 product. I hope this information helps in some way.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quote - Hello DarkElegance 

Doing some research seems there is an updated verison of the plugin that needs to be downloaded to provide usability in the 64 bit versions of Photoshop. Have you tried downloading that and installing? Here is the link for the update for http://support.alienskin.com/entries/20693386-Old-installers These updates according to what information I could fine provided support for 64 bit versions of Photoshop. Now it seems has discontinued xenofex 2 but has incorprated the functions of it into their new Eye Candy 7 product. I hope this information helps in some way.

yes I did that. I dl'ed the 64bit version. I have contacted their support etc. They only said that they do not offer support any longer for it. The constellation plugin that came with xenofex doesnt come in eyecandy7.

(most of the other xenofex plugins do come in eyecandy 7...just not the one I need)

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2013 at 12:09 AM

Why not run the 32 bit version xeno in 32 bit photoshop on your 64 bit system.

Since photoshop can install and run in 32 and 64.

I always install the 32 bit of photoshop version to run old filters.

And I install the 64 bit Photoshop for all else .

Right now I'm running Xenoflex 2 on 32 bit photoshop CS5.1

I'm assumimg that would work for CS6 also.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Schurby ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2013 at 8:07 AM

I have found that even with 32bit version of C6 and Windowa 7 that most of my old plugins won't work. I lost alot of them that I miss.

Schurby

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 25 July 2013 at 8:49 AM

If cs6 does not work even in 32 bit or compatability mode another solution might be to get an older cheap 32 bit photoshop elements and run your 32 bit xeno filter on that.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 10:15 AM

I use the old version, on both my Win XP pro machine and my Win 7 64 bit laptop. Works perfectly on both. Xenofex 2, and it does have Constellation Dunno why AS would stop supporting it. It's an excellent little plug in I use a lot.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.