Sun, Oct 6, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP... since a cple years ago..

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 4:17 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:37 AM

file_496939.jpg

still working on it..thoughts anyone? 

Navim ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 6:09 AM

Hmmmmm. Maybe make the bowl and berries larger as they are the central subject? I can think of other things I would do but this is your art.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 6:18 AM

Artbynivan..would like more ideas please..what would you do? 

yup..once rendered to disc..wil be bigger... 

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 7:06 AM
Forum Moderator

I'm partial to a little cream and a sprinkling of sugar with my strawberries.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Navim ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 7:47 AM

Quote - I'm partial to a little cream and a sprinkling of sugar with my strawberries.

Just what I was thinking. A bowl of whipped cream and some sugar with a spoon to the lower sides. As an alternative perhaps a small bird standing on the table in front of the bowl gazing quizzically at one of the berries and a sugar bowl on the other side for balance. The basic idea is great but the details are what will make the image.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 8:07 AM

ArtbyMivan..sounds a good idea.. i had a monarch butterfly perched on one of the strawberries... but removed it coz I had no idea what a butterfly was doing on a strawberry. :blink:

the bowl of  of sugar and a spoon would work.. and the butterfly..coz sugar would mean nectar? Just thinking.. 

Thanks guys.for the ideas. I hate still life..trying to train myself. Seem some gorgeous paintings of still life..fruits in silver bowls with amazing hdr reflections..seemed time for me to do one! if not a silver bowl..

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 10:33 AM

I see a still-life evolving here. Perhaps a table cloth and wooden furnisher in the background and some fine China pieces or pewter scattered about...you know like in those old Venitian or Victorian pictures and masters of old.

For referrences;

https://www.google.com/search?q=still-life+old+masters&client=firefox-a&hs=wX3&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i8T_Uf7DIc-04AOxzIDgDg&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=712

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 8:17 PM

Ah..quest.. that's perfect..will work on that.. the old masters never fail.. you never get bored seeing their work..

I was thinking more of glass top. with the china pieces scattered around..i'll throw in a tablecloth or napkin

Have you seen these? when I saw the paintings at fairs and galleries, I was floored.. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tim+gustard&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rAA7UbDUE-my7AafpYH4CA&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=677

http://www.quantumart.co.uk/artists/jessica-brown.html

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2013 at 8:30 PM

Simply beautiful stuff there Rosie. It seems you have your work cut out for you. The second link seems to offer more advant-gard and modern work. Very eye catching. Go for it.

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 7:10 AM

working on it.. 

rememebr once zhann i think..once mentioned how we cld hide objects in a scene? just to eiter reach the objs at the back or to see if something wld look better? 

anyone know how? 

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 8:38 AM

I still have 5.5 on my desktop. To hide an object you first select it then click the "A" for attribute and select "Hidden" and click check mark at the bottom. This will hide the object from being rendered.

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 9:46 AM

Ah..thank you, Quest. I'll putup where I am so far in a few mins...

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 10:26 AM

file_496977.jpg

where i am at right now..working still on it..

views, comments, hate..like..whatever.. more welcome.. 

oh..pardon the flying china..wasn't supposed to be in it..

and why do i feel i'm a few degrees off 90 degrees in a few things? why does brycenot have a ruler..you know...like in photoshop.. put guide lines to see if things straight..

Navim ( ) posted Tue, 06 August 2013 at 11:59 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2013 at 12:00 PM

A bit on the busy side. Lose the china, candle and the strawberry above the candle......

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 8:00 AM

did that..will post it up.. sorry..been having power cuts out here...

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 11:51 AM

file_496990.jpg

this is where it is at..any suggestions? 

candle..compliments illkirch. I had t put it..it gives that really lovely glow at the back. 

very tempted to put a moth or butterfly circling the flame.. or at least a dead one..like the still life that jan fyt did..or that other painter of lovg ago who did lot sof dead hares and dead pheants in his still life. talk me out of it.. 

will post work it in photoshop..this is the same as image file..

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 11:52 AM · edited Wed, 07 August 2013 at 11:53 AM

my biggest probs? no hdr in here..and i knwo i need one..but i can't seem to work that out!

gnite! 

illkirch ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 1:03 PM

It's always more inviting with candles :-) Maybe put everything on a table, with a white cloth, so the dead moth is more visible 

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 3:53 PM
Forum Moderator

The last render looks much more inviting.........

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 8:16 PM

Chris...more light needed, you mean? 

table, white cloth..probaably.. 

erosiaart ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 11:37 PM

file_496996.jpg

Removed the candle..

white cloth..tried that..spoilt the mood of it.. i thought.. 

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 12:02 PM

Check ambience of bowl material.  It seems to have a glow of its own.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.