Sat, Sep 21, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: To people who misunderstand everything I say

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 11:30 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:37 PM

Let's all remember that the typed word contains no emotion, no tone of voice, nothing. It is very easy to take things out of context. I am a 19 year old male in montreal Canada. I like computers, art, both the loudest andd the most serene music, I enjoy naked women and somettimes men, in other words, I'm a 19 year old guy. I've always felt like the "youngin'" on the forum, but that hasn't changed the way I speak, write, critisize, commend, or anything. I will not bullshit anyone, I will state my opinions, but as some of you, mainly Jordy and Alpha, know, A lot of the time, I'm just messing around. If I'm being serious about something, I will state an opiniopn, facts, or other crud to engage the other person. If I write one line and say "Boooo, you suck, I hate you", I am just f'in around. I'm a very critical person, but I'm also a very easy going person. A lot of stuff I'll just say "whatever," or "I don't care," not to hurt or insult, but merely because, I don't care. Remember, all the subtleties of human interaction are largely lost on the net.

Syyd ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 11:35 AM

Thank you very much for posting this. I appreciate the time you took to even do so, and it certainly helps me of all people, to understand things so much better.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 2:22 PM

But Syyd you do realize hes lying. Either that or I'm joking. =:-| > Which is it? Bsteph

APFrey ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 3:08 PM

Quite a lengthy commentary for someone who "doesn't care". No need for explanations Slynky. I think I speak for everyone when I say you and some others' unusual postings help break up the monotony of an otherwise "plain" collaboration of html... Long live Slynky! -Andrew P.S. Easy on the Bacardi..

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 3:43 PM

I said for I lot of stuff I say I dont care, doesn't mean this was one of them. I like that "Long live Slynky" part though... has a certain ring to it... ry

Slynky ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 5:42 PM

my cat's breath smells like cat food.

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 6:27 PM

What u been doing to your cat to get that close? Sicko... And you're joking sometimes? oh...... Slynk, you springy stair-dwelling creature, you're a wind-up merchant and you know it, and (even if you don't post many pictures) you give us a laugh, man. Personally I take you about as seriously as a Fart Cushion, so I don't give a damn HOW much Bicardo you drink. But there IS tonation and emotion in plain text - it's the tonation that the READER applies to it, not what the writer implies it to be...... Anyway, each pack of cards has to have it's joker.... (",)

billglaw ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 9:22 PM

Well! Since I have been there, done that, have sons that have been there, done that and have grandchildren that are about to go into your stage of life, you would hardly shock me or worry me. Mostly I am amused by your candor and exprssion. You have a genuine streak of creative ability in words and pictures. DON'T LOSE IT!

starshuffler ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 2:00 PM

All I can say is-- I believe in the theory (was it Barthes?) that with regards to the written word, the author is dead. Meaning is entirely derived from the readers' perpective. ;-)

weirdstop ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 3:40 PM

i agree with alpha. even with the seemingly untouchable text you can invoke emotion and inflection.OTHERWIZE WHY WOULD PPL TELL ME OFF FOR SHOUTING?? for instance whenever alpha talks he appears to be so efficent and matter of fact, a bit like a school teacher (no offence alpha) where-as slynky seem to say anything just to get a rise out of someone.if thats not how you wish to come across then we must all think more how we put things.i am always being told i am just a snotty cow!!lol but words Can be very powerful things

JordyArt ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 5:54 PM

Erm, wierdstop, I gather from this comment that you're a girlie? Oh, jeez - I thought u were a bloke!! Sorreeee..... either way, STOP BLOODY SHOUTING!!! lol

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 9:00 PM

my cat's breath smells like bacardi now. Don't ask.

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 1:38 AM

Now I'm really courious how do I sound. How do I look? Next contest. I vote self portraits! Bsteph

weirdstop ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 11:15 AM

im not putting my photo on!! it'd make ya all sick lol (besides im shy)

Antoonio ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 12:41 AM

Uuuuuuu, Bsteph said it, self portrait, thats a GOOOD one. .n ps. Slunky, git your hands off from that poor cat.

weirdstop ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 7:06 AM

poor kitty..is it pissed yet??

JordyArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 4:35 PM

Stynky, that's illegal in most countries y'know..... btw, this reminds me of a story that woz on Ananova about an 18 year old South African guy who the police returned to his parents while waiting for a psycho analysis, coz he'd been caught underneath a parked car...erm... abusing.... a dead cat....... Where'd you say you were from again, Stynk?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.