Tue, Oct 1, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT: video editing

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:15 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:32 PM

Hey all, someone I know needs to get into some video editing (to do little presentations) and I don't really know much about it so I was hoping someone here could suggest a good software package for starting out.  Ideally it should be something that isn't too complicated or stressful to use and not too expensive (maybe $60ish tops).

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:22 PM

www.videohelp.com , look aat the list of tools.

If you want free then Windows movie maker is good, sony movie studio was excellent but might be more expensive.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:51 PM

Sony Vegas used to be good, but they got pricey.

Magix Movie Edit Pro is nice, and not too pricey.

I think Windows movie maker isn't part of the software any longer. When I got Windows 7, it was not part of the package.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 12:00 AM

I use Movie Maker from Serif which I think is around 40UKP nowadays but you can always give the video editor in Blender a try. Works fine if you don't need a load of special effects so for a simple presentation, it should work fine.

ironsoul ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:20 AM

The Microsoft Windows 7 Movie Maker is called "Windows Live Movie Maker". 

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:28 AM

Quote - The Microsoft Windows 7 Movie Maker is called "Windows Live Movie Maker". 

Strange. I don't have it with my version. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.... :blink:

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

PointLady ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:29 AM

Depending on what your friend actually wants to do, I can recommend Proshow Gold from www.photodex.com.   They have a trial version (has a watermark though).

This program is super easy to use, not too expensive and very good.   You can use video or still photographs (has an editor too)   You can add sound or music.  Has transitions and effects to make your slide show.  Has several output formats like make a DVD to show on a Video player, or show on the computer and there are other options.

I use Proshow Gold Producer, but that is more expensive (the same mostly but has more options)   Check this out.  Jan

ironsoul ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:49 AM

Attached Link: Windows Movie Maker 2012

rokket - might be an optional component not put on to keep the OS size down. Should be able to download off the microsoft site.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quote - rokket - might be an optional component not put on to keep the OS size down. Should be able to download off the microsoft site.

I've got Magix Movie Edit Pro 16, and Adobe After Effects CS5, so I am pretty well set, but thanks for the link.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 11:14 AM

Thanks guys, I suggested the free MS video editor for the person to get started.  If that doesn't work out I'll pass along your other recommendations.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.