Wed, Sep 4, 9:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bugs!!!!! Mama get RealKill.............................

Navim ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:04 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:10 PM

Well only 2 bugs so far. I have been updating some old bryce images to vers 7. One of them shows accurately in the preview window but when rendered, several objects are missing.

Also in using the Daz Download/Installer I have lost 2 renders at about the 90% mark while the installer is downloading. This does not happen when it is not in use. On the plus side I only have about 850 more files to DL..................

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 8:05 PM

Can't speak to your first problem.

The second is not a bug (or a feature either):

Bryce has never multitasked well. Render or render not, there is no try. 😄

Bryce does not play well with others.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 11:47 AM

I have updated quite a few of my old Bryce 5 images in Bryce 7 with no problems, and also even a couple of Bryce 3 ones.  Have yet to have any missing objects errors.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2013 at 5:49 AM

I think this came up years ago on the old Metacreations BryceTalk, but I cannot remember the final resoulution.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2013 at 8:34 AM

Mike,
Do you know how that talk was called?
I've found a link to the talks and maybe it's there?

http://www.auntialias.com/archived_sites/bryce4/talk/events.html

Corrie

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2013 at 10:07 AM

Thanks Peedy. I had no idea that was out there. Some of the older brycers still hang out

on the Delphi Forums. I will have to ask them also. Kind of disappointing as I relied on some of the Bryce files as storage for the models.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quote - Thanks Peedy. I had no idea that was out there. Some of the older brycers still hang out

on the Delphi Forums. I will have to ask them also. Kind of disappointing as I relied on some of the Bryce files as storage for the models.

Also some of the Beta testers for Bryce 7 are still active in the Daz 3D Bryce Forum.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Navim ( ) posted Sat, 17 August 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - Thanks Peedy. I had no idea that was out there. Some of the older brycers still hang out

Also some of the Beta testers for Bryce 7 are still active in the Daz 3D Bryce Forum.

Another good tip. Thanks for the heads up!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 5:45 AM

Are you rendering to disk?  That's the only way to finish large-size renders without hainging.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Navim ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 6:20 AM

Quote - Are you rendering to disk?  That's the only way to finish large-size renders without hainging.

Not rendering to disk just yet. Simply trying to load some old images from CD's to new 'puter HD and updating from version 6 to 7. I have noticed some problems with the energy saving function of windows which had to be changed to manual. There were some rendering issues; especially with win 8 that I never encountered with vers 7, when the machine goes into "sleep" mode. I will try render to disk with the one image that was missing objects to see if that helps.

Thanks

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 8:25 AM

You're having more than just rendering to disk problems it sounds like.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.