Thu, Sep 19, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Gen4 Dmc files?

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 3:12 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 2:50 PM

are their any dmc files for M4, V4, F4, etc.?

i tired installed mimic live, but that seems to be daz exclusive unlike mimic which didnt need daz. i know it is not the best for mouth movement but it is quick and does the trick for my needs rather well.

i use poserpro for the most part.

any suggestions?

thanx in advance

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 9:17 AM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 9:20 AM

Use Talk Designer instead. It's installed in your version of Poser and the visemes are easy to make. Do a fast Google search for V4, M4; or whatever fig you want visemes for; and you'll find lots of free ones. There is also a fourm thread on RDNA where making them is explained and there are Gen 4 and other visemes users have made in the same thread. You'll be up and running in no time.

pdg

I just noticed you said you are on PoserPro. I have no idea which PoserPro you mean. If it is the one based on P7 I don't know if you have Talk Designer as I did not have that particular version.

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 9:41 AM

poserpro 2010.

i tried talk designer but that has an issue with certian wav. files and i am not sure how to tell which codec is needed. and talk designer seems to be specific to certain "default" figures- it thought. plus gen4 has the visemes (with the morphs ++ and so on- which i have installed).

mimic was good cause i just make the recording load the figure and export the pose set.

sure there was some minor tweeking here and there.

the other issue is other figures such as toons( which i also use)

thanx for your response

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:09 AM

Quote - poserpro 2010.

i tried talk designer but that has an issue with certian wav. files and i am not sure how to tell which codec is needed. and talk designer seems to be specific to certain "default" figures- it thought. plus gen4 has the visemes (with the morphs ++ and so on- which i have installed).

mimic was good cause i just make the recording load the figure and export the pose set.

sure there was some minor tweeking here and there.

the other issue is other figures such as toons( which i also use)

Ok. First thing first. Your audio. Your .WAV needs to be uncompress mono at a sampling rate no higher than 22050.  It took me a long time to figure that one out. It doesn't mention such a thing in the manual.

Get your sound up and running and I'll show you how to edit the .XML files so that you can make your own vismes for any figure you want. It really is pretty easy once you know how. The .XMLs are just plain text files and can be edited with anything.

One thing at a time. We'll get you up to speed if you want to learn. I went through this whole thing with a MAC user a few months back. They had similar issues.

thanx for your response

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 2:57 PM

parkdale

ty!

i will get the wav. sorted now that i have the specs. it just was so confusing it would not accept the wav.

once i get some audio correct(within the next day) i will post for some more help.

thanks again!

btw i am on a PC( i know it doesnt really matter but i do know it helps to know what type of beast is being used)

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 5:10 AM

Actually it does matter. Mac uses .aiff files and cannot use .wav. The same undocumented info about uncomperssed 22050 bit rate files applies to both though

Hope it works out for you. I'll be a bit sporatic over the weekend when it comes to checking in here but rest assured I'm watching.

pdg

darquevision ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 7:06 AM

thank you

sorry for the late response. the mono and bit rate change gave me no errors and the mouths move. thank you.

there seems to be not as much control as with mimic, minor thing though. using m4 currently btw.

you said you can easily make lxm files?

i am guessing only with viseme built in- i am thinking something like preds angor or nybras. as well as nursodas characters.

could ya point me in the right direction?

thanx in advance

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:37 AM · edited Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote - thank you

sorry for the late response. the mono and bit rate change gave me no errors and the mouths move. thank you.

there seems to be not as much control as with mimic, minor thing though. using m4 currently btw.

you said you can easily make lxm files?

i am guessing only with viseme built in- i am thinking something like preds angor or nybras. as well as nursodas characters.

could ya point me in the right direction?

thanx in advance

No problem. Look in your Poser Content folder under Runtime and you will see a LipSync folder. Inside that are a bunch of xml files for the various Poser characters. Use any one of these as your template. They are plain text and easy to read.

They start with the Viceme morp = phoneme. If you have phonemes for your characters plug them in instead of the supplied ones. If not sorry but you need to make them yourself. Not hard but time consuming. They are just a bunch of face morphs.

Next come the head movements. They will probably work for most any character if they have the corresponding body parts in the mesh and they should. If you need more or less movement you have to tweek them a bit.

Last are the expression files. The easiest way to do these are morph your characters face to match the expression you want and save the faces to the Face Tab in Poser using the same names as in the example xml file you are looking at. ie Anger, Disgust Fear ect. and dump them into your runtime as illustrated in the existing xml file you are looking at.

See how you make out. If you need more help I'll keep my eye on the thread and pop back in as necessary.

Good luck.

pdg

darquevision ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2013 at 5:05 AM

alright so i was looking at the xml file for alyson and what i am trying to do is get Fon and a few other nursoda chars to talk and maybe that map will be good enough for the rest. i have "it talks for frankie" not sure if that will contain the info i need". or is this a case where i would need to make everything from scratch?

problem is while i have a general understanding of what you mean, applying it is not so easy. 

how can you account for more and one character talking. i am not worried about linking the sound, that will be done later. i am guessing just select a new character and import the audio?

thanx in advance-

and thank you for before because now at least dazs staples can talk. =o)

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2013 at 6:54 AM

Quote - alright so i was looking at the xml file for alyson and what i am trying to do is get Fon and a few other nursoda chars to talk and maybe that map will be good enough for the rest. i have "it talks for frankie" not sure if that will contain the info i need". or is this a case where i would need to make everything from scratch?

You need the phonemes for the Nursoda character you wish to animate. The actual phonemes are morphs. If they are not available then you must make them yourself. They are the mouth shapes a character makes when uttering a particular sound. You do not need a seperate morph for each phoneme if that is too difficult or they are unavailable. You can reference the same morph over and over if necessary. The more varience the better however.

problem is while i have a general understanding of what you mean, applying it is not so easy. 

how can you account for more and one character talking. i am not worried about linking the sound, that will be done later. i am guessing just select a new character and import the audio?

The easiest way to do this is to make the speaking animation for each character and save it as a pose file. Then start a new scene and add your characters. Using the scroll  bar at the bottom of your scene move to the frame you wish you character to start speaking and apply the pose you saved to the character.

As an example a character says "Hi,; how are you?" A second character responds "Fine; and you?" You would do the speaking part for each character seperately and save it as an animated pose. Then start a new scene and load the two characters. In the first frame apply the "Hi" pose to the first character. Scroll the frame to where the scecon character responds "Fine" and apply your pose to the second character. If you do not have enough frames Poser will ask you if you wish to add more so that the complete "Fine" pose can be added to the timeline. If your characters are talking over each other then just add the second character's speech at the point you need it to speek even if the first pose has yet to complete.

Something else to make your life easier is to record on a piece of paper the frame number that you add in a pz2 to start speech.

Character 1 starts speaking at frame 1.

Character 2 starts speaking at frame 17.

Character 1 responds at frame 21.

and so on. This will allow you to sync up your sound with the annimation if you use a seperate compositing program like After Effects, Vegas, Premiere; or whatever.

thanx in advance-

and thank you for before because now at least dazs staples can talk. =o)

No problem. Glad I can help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.