Sun, Oct 6, 6:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Alibi Suit Issues

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 5:25 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:40 AM

Stupid me. Bought this suit:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/alibi-suit-v4-a4-s4/98708/

It's exactly what I need for something ... and I use DAZ Studio. It clearly says at the bottom that it hasn't been in DAZ. Rarely does that affect my work, but here it has.

I swear I remember reading about some external script that could be run to convert PMD to something DAZ can import, but I can't find anything relevant or that works with DAZ Studio 4.6

Any help?

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 7:42 AM

Do you have Poser?

If so, open Poser.

Goto General Preferences

Goto the tab "Misc"

Uncheck  : Use external binary morph targets.
Close Poser.

Open Poser load the suit you bought, and save it again under its own name.

Use that file in DS 

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 7:42 AM

So you don't have Poser at all? Because the easiest thing would be to load the thing in Poser and resave it with "Use External Binary Morphtargets" (or whatever it's called) unchecked. That would put the morphs into the clothing.

A not quite kosher way would be to let someone with Poser do the re save. Perhaps ask the vendor? :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 7:43 AM

I do not have Poser at all. I will try asking the vendor.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 10:56 AM

Do you have Studio 3 lying around somewhere?  There is a PMD script for that version...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 1:19 PM

I may have 3 laying around though I know it uninstalled it because of conflicts with the newer versions I experienced.

I reached out to the author. No response as of yet.

Warangel ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2013 at 6:10 AM

I contacted the author directly who exported the suit again without external binary morph targets, and it worked beautifully.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.