Sun, Oct 6, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Tears for...M4!?!? Or in general?

whystopnow ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2013 at 10:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

Renderosity has this package:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tears-for-v4/90723/

...but alas, it's V4 only.  I want to make my M4 men cry, too :-)

I couldn't find anything (here or elsewhere).  Jepe's has a package over at That Other Place but it's pretty pricey ($15 for each character).

Is there any other option for adding tears?  It's easy to give characters a crying expression but the actual tears running down their face...?

Or do people usually do that in post?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 12:30 AM

I do that sort of thing in postwork. I can never get liquids looking right in Poser.

You could modify the skin texture to make a face texture that included tears, swat etc, an make a matching bump map.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 1:17 AM

Quote - I do that sort of thing in postwork. I can never get liquids looking right in Poser.

I have to agree with that statement. Liquids/glass looking right are so dependent on lighting setup and camera angles that it's hit or miss at best.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 4:11 AM

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 7:49 AM

Closest thing I've seen is some fluid props for V4. I'm sure it's possible in Poser. If you can find something that doesn't require a lot of fiddling great. It does sound to me though it's one of those things done better and probably easier* in an image editor. A search would probably turn up some PS tutes & could probably apply to other apps as well. 

• Famous Last Words :-)  

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

whystopnow ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 11:24 AM

OK, thanks.  I googled up some tears brushes for photoshop:

http://www.coolestbrushes.com/brush/crying-tears-brushes

I played with them a little and they seem to fit the bill...just need to play with the photoshop settings to get some gloss/reflection on them, or perhaps play with the textures.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 5:56 PM

Jepe sells the Project M4 Tears and Body Jewels over at DAZ.  The half off PA sale is either next month (Sept) as it was last year or will be in November.  DAZ hasn't said which it will be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.