Sat, Sep 21, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Toon Animal Glassy Eye Problem

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2013 at 12:02 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:55 PM

file_497710.jpg

Hello,

I've seen this on the forum once before,  but unfortunately can not find the answer as of late.

I'm working with 3d Universe Big 5 Toon Elephant and Lady Little Fox's Sir Guy.  Both are having a glassy eye film look upon render. 

I've tried turning off all reflections for the eyes, I even went so far as to mess around with the advanced features in Poser Pro and change the reflection value.  I have tried a low quality render as well as full ray tracing in firefly etc.

I'm just not finding the right combination.  I've had this problem with 3d Universe and their products before, I just can not remember how it was solved.

Any help would be appreciated.  THANKS

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2013 at 12:15 AM

Do they have Corneas? If so, make sure the diffuse for the Cornea is set to 0.  

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2013 at 12:36 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2013 at 12:40 AM

Rendering now to see if that works.

Nyghtwolf ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2013 at 1:53 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2013 at 1:59 AM

That fixed Sir Guy.  Elephant does not have corneas, so I turned off every diffuse for every part of the elephan eye.  Now the eyes are all black. SO it will take a little more experimenting but at least I'm on the right track now.

THANKS

Edit:  Okay with a bit more experimentation I found that with the elephant I had to not only kill the diffuse, but remove the reflection from the Eye Iris completely.  Once I had done that....Eyes are no longer glassy.

Again thank you for your input.  It really helped.... (memo to self......write it down so you don't forget next time)  ahem.....THANKS.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.