Sat, Oct 5, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: EZSkin definition for Dawn??

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 8:57 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:19 AM

Has anyone done a EZSkin definition for Dawn?  

Now that we have the Texture Transfer ability to put V4 skins on Dawn, it would be nice to get the EZSkin working for it, too.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 9:06 AM

I have one...it uses rough fresnel but you can always change that ;)

Laurie

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 9:27 AM

Thanks for the fast response, Laurie!   

But where do I find it (or how would I get it)?  I don't see it in either your R'osity freebie link, or your store link.    

RosemaryR

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:05 AM

Several people have made Dawn presets for EZSkin, but if you want the 'official' one you should download EZSkin again (either from my site or from RDNA). The download will give you EZSkin v2.07

The v2.07 update includes definitions for Rex, Roxie and Dawn, as well as some other minor improvements. It also includes an option to use Eric Walter's tooth shader.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm not saying that mine is any better than what others have done, by the way :-)

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:30 AM

AH!  Okay, will do!  Thanks!

P.S. LOVE EZSkin!  I couldn't do without it, these days.  

RosemaryR

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:49 AM

file_498481.jpg

Done, and done.  Love it!

RosemaryR

pruiz ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quote - I'm not saying that mine is any better than what others have done, by the way :-)

Texture Transformer > When trying to run Ezskin with Dawn and simple converted V4texture using Texture converter - Script error reads - "Unknown Input (transparancy) in node type poser 

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "L:Poser developmentEZSkin+EZSkin+.py", line 2864, in Apply
File "L:Poser developmentEZSkin+EZSkin+.py", line 4196, in MakeSpecularOnly
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetFloat'"

Snarly - any ideas what is causing this?

pruiz ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 12:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'm not saying that mine is any better than what others have done, by the way :-)

Texture Transformer > When trying to run Ezskin with Dawn and simple converted V4texture using Texture converter - Script error reads - "Unknown Input (transparancy) in node type poser 

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "L:Poser developmentEZSkin+EZSkin+.py", line 2864, in Apply
File "L:Poser developmentEZSkin+EZSkin+.py", line 4196, in MakeSpecularOnly
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetFloat'"

Snarly - any ideas what is causing this?

Also I'd add:

If I use the Dawn base texture with EzSkin (using the latest version and Dawn definition - I don't get this error. I have tried turning off all transpany settings in the converted materials before running Ezskin but error persists. It must be something Texture converter is doing that Ezskin doesn't like.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 12:19 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2013 at 12:23 PM

Well, right off the bat, "transparancy" is spelled wrong. It should be "transparency". It's probably not recognizing the incorrectly spelled word. Or perhaps it's a custom node name it doesn't recognize, but I'm still thinking the first is correct ;). It's probably spelled correctly in the Dawn base skin.

Does the texture converter make a script?

Laurie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 12:47 PM

The texture Transformer doesn't make scripts. And I haven't seen that error in the materials I've converted. I suspect it's the base texture that has the spelling error. If you use the original skin with V4 and use EZSkin on that, do you then get an error?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 1:34 PM

Unfortunately I do not have the Texture Converter software or even the latest version of Dawn. As a consequence, I cannot reproduce the problem, which makes it tricky to debug.

If anybody would like to work with me to help resolve this issue then sitemail me and I'll produce a debugging version of EZSkin for you that will print out some diagnostics and should get to the root of the problem. Obviously you would need to have the Texture Converter utility and Dawn figure to be able to help :-)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 1:40 PM

file_498877.txt

Here is a zipped version of EZSkin which fixes this issue.

Let me know if you encounter any problems and once it's considered stable I'll make this an official release.

pruiz ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2013 at 12:19 PM

Thanks Snarly. I will report any problem but asume all is fixed. Thanks again for the great stuff you make available. David Keene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.