Sun, Oct 6, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: How to parent one character's body part to another character's body

Erinach ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 1:33 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:49 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to parent say, M4 hand to V4's hip and have it remain in place? Is that kind of thing even possible or is there another trick?

Thanks in Advance,

Taioseach

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 7:47 AM

with hands or feet, if you turn on IK for the limb, and select you can parent it.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 8:28 AM

Or you could use a proxy. Something like the Poser ball, flattened and parented (and invisible in render) to them both at the appropriate place

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Erinach ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thank you both.

The IK and then parenting worked to a point. I'm making an animation and using the pose dots for the sequence. The problem is when I go back through the sequence the hands turn outward away from the body part they are parented to.

I tried locking the hand part to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing?

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quote - The problem is when I go back through the sequence the hands turn outward away from the body part they are parented to.

Sounds like you have spline interpolation turned on. What you describe sounds like spline interpolation to me. That's exactly what spline interpolation does. Spline interpolation is Posers default mode, so if you don't want it, you have to remember to turn it off.

Erinach ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 8:42 PM

How does one (meaning me) go about turning off this option? I'm fairly new to the program.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.