Thu, Sep 19, 12:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The Most Expensive Photographs in the World

Frontop ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:19 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Attached Link: frontop

According to a New York Magazine article on salaries, photography has become one of lucrative professions. "As soon as my kid is big enough, I'm putting a camera in her hands, " a former photographer's agent says. "That's where the money is."

Amazingly, photography has been around for almost two hundred years, but it has gained widespread acceptance as an art form only in the past couple of decades. 

What determines the value of a photograph? most of the time, an image that is considered unique will be of greater value, as it has the ability to uniquely reflect the world around us and get a look at it from a different angle. But sometimes doing something completely disgusting or normal so that it is impossible to understand why the work is recognized as a masterpiece.  

Anyway, these photos were sold for millions of dollars. Start saving up your pennies, if you are interested in...

To see  The Most Expensive Photographs in the World (click here)

Frontop: architectural renderings/architectural animation/3D rendering

ejn ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:58 AM

Actually the vast majority or people will not get rich as photographers.

I checked out some of the works and frankly they are atrocious.The image by Andreas Gursky is absolute trash and many of us would have been embarrassed to even show it.

The trouble with the art world is many know very little about art as demonstrated by someone paying millions for that image. It wouldnt even get into Amateur Photographer.Just goes to show there ar a lot of people with too much money and that theart world is over funded.

But thanks for making me feel good about my own work. It may not be worth millions but it is better than what I just looked at.  

whaleman ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:32 PM

I agree with ejn

amileduan ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:27 PM

Luxury goods?

render farm :Intel Xeon E5560 * 2, 16 cores with hyper-threading,Win7 64bit.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 11:02 AM

Thanks for sharing. Personally I think that whoever paid that kind of money for those images got ripped off badly! :)

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

Ilona-Krijgsman ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for sharing.....it made me laugh....

Honestly.......I did not like any of them.....

I am not arrogant or I'm not saying I'm better....but I would not even edit some photos in PS....I do not understand that they pay so much for such crap work

I agree with ejn.......and I am pretty sure that I am very proud what I am doing...haha

~ Photos are small paintings created in your mind before you press the shutter! ~

abreojos ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2013 at 5:38 AM

Hey introduce me to that buyer lol! I got some photos of rocks and trees for sale!

virginiese ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2013 at 2:22 AM

I expected some colorful photos but I'm frankly desapointed. I agree with ejn who made a good summary of what I think

aksirp ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 4:34 AM

i wonder how some people can present a trash pic for art... seen on exhibitions, was pretty shocking for me. not all is art, something have just a chance for sales!

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 12:19 AM
Forum Moderator

I pretty much agree with the majority opinion here.  I do not think somebody with more money than sense has to pay millions of dollars for ones photography for it to be art.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.