Sun, Oct 6, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Just to make sure --- this really is confusing for some reason. Geometry Callba

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 4:18 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:44 AM

Okay,

Just to make sure I understand this.  On the Geometry call backs -

Is this what I am supposed to see when I open the CR2 file for the newly added figure?

{

version
    {
    number 9
    }
morphBinaryFile :Runtime:libraries:Character:Ragtopjohnny's Clothes:Ragtopjohnny's Prison Guard

And is that all that is needed for the call backs?  I ask because I'm about to upload a new package to the store (not what you see here) but something else and wanted to make sure that it was the proper way it states things.   

This new item is a prop, so I know it will be as a prop too but I just find the whole aspect of the call back really confusing. 

Thanks in advance.

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 5:33 PM

As I recall, you always want to set the number to 0 so Poser can pick the number it needs, and you should get rid of spaces in your file path. File paths always get mucked up when they have spaces in them.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 5:35 PM

Thanks Joe.  I'll remember this.  😄 

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 5:36 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2013 at 5:47 PM

Quote - Is this what I am supposed to see when I open the CR2 file for the newly added figure?

{

version
    {
    number 9
    }
morphBinaryFile :Runtime:libraries:Character:Ragtopjohnny's Clothes:Ragtopjohnny's Prison Guard

'morphBinaryFile' is used in a cr2 (a pp2 uses 'morphPmdFile') to load morphs when

'Use external binary morph targets'

was selected in your General Preferences (before saving the file). Note that it does not load the base geometry, that is done by the two 'figureResFile' lines.

The path in your example does not seem to contain a file name, which means it would not actually load anything, and would probably generate an error message. Apart from that the format seems correct. The version number will generate an warning message if the file is opened in a version of Poser lower than that number, and for that reason the version number should be the lowest version that will support the essential features of your figure.

Quote - And is that all that is needed for the call backs?

The 'morphBinaryFile' (with a complete path with file name) is all that you need to load the morphs, assuming the associated PMD file is in the correct location. Personally I would keep the morphs internal to the cr2, and not use a PMD file, as I feel this is simpler, and provides less scope for things to go wrong.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 6:54 PM

Thanks lesbentley.  COMPLETE PATH with the FILE NAME is needed.  I was wondering too how would Poser know what to call back upon.

Thanks! 😄

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2013 at 7:20 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2013 at 7:26 PM

Sorry I though that was the figure number. Ben a while since I CR2 hacked. Listen to Les about version number.

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poserfilespec/ucr2filespec_dec2004.pdf

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poserfilespec/introduction.html

This might help.

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 1:47 AM

OT - I'm assuming that runtime path maps to a real directory. If it does suggest considering if you really need those apostrophe characters in the path name - its not wrong but in rare cases may cause problems with non-Poser scripts, particularly Linux where that character can be used as a string deliminator on command line functions.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 1:53 AM

Yeah... apostophies are a no-no also. Missed that one.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 9:35 AM

Thanks all.  I'm planning on finishing up these props today.  I'll let you all know if I have any issues.  Hopefully not.  😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.