Tue, Oct 1, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: 3d visualisation/modeiling project

nkhero2 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 12:05 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 4:50 PM

I'm about to start researching and working on a 3d school project. I would really appreciate if you could answer my following questions:

Project: Create a desktop or web application (browser) which will allow children to build houses and decorate their insides. Models of objects like toys, bikes, chairs, couches, cabinets will be available for the users to move around and place inside the houses.

I have no idea how to even start. I have some knowledge in 3d max, three.js, UDK, blender, and 3d in general.

Can anybody tell me how a web application allowing interactive 3d visualization/modeling could be built?

Thanks a ton in advance.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 12:34 PM

There's a program called Sweet Home 3D that does something similar. It's open source, and I'm not sure, but you "might" be able to take a peek at it's source code. Might help :).

Laurie

ironsoul ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 1:10 PM

Just some thoughts,

Do you need to build an application from the ground up, could a game platform development kit (Unity?) be used?

Does it need to be rendered real-time, could you pre-render the house and objects at various angles and then animate to give the impression its 3D.

If the app needs to be written from ground up what development tools does your school expect you to use?

What do they mean about 3d objects being provided. Does that mean the school will provide the 3d objects which you will need to incorprate or does that mean you will make certain objects available to the children.

nkhero2 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 1:52 PM

Thanks for your relplies ironsoul and Laurie,

IronSoul, great questions. 

1- The application can be built either from the ground up or using a any game platform development?

2- Yes I will try to make it render real-time and aim for the best quality.

3- 3d models of furniture and other elements will be available to incorporate and I will just have to give the users the ability to place and move these objects.

Thanks a lot 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 1:42 AM

Sounds like your making a game.

You could get a lot more help making a game at game web sites.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Touchwood ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 3:07 AM

It does seem that this would be an ideal candidate for Unity. If you want to check out some tutorials on the basics, there's a few good starters here: -  http://cgcookie.com/unity/page/12/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.