Sun, Oct 6, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is there a way to move the pose dots from clip to clip?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 7:15 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 9:00 AM

Hi

I'm working on a project right now that I have to match up the figure from clip to clip.

There's lip sync involved so the first and last frame tend to change a little and I create a pose file from the figure to make them match when I put them together.

The Pose dots would do it easier but they reset when I open a new clip so I can use the ones from the previous one.

Is there a way to move them from file to file?

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 11:00 AM

file_498735.txt

Here's a pair of crude scripts that will do the job.  Saveall and Restoreall.  As long as the two scenes have the same figures, and as long as you use the scripts in proper sequence, they should work. 

The Saveall puts all info from all figures into a temp file, then the Restoreall reads the temp file and applies hte info to the figures.  So you should be able to close Poser between uses, as long as you don't find "temp.temp" and delete it!

Saveall.py is attached to this message in the usual way, with TXT added to the filename.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 11:01 AM

file_498736.txt

....and Restoreall.py is attached to this message in the usual way.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 11:02 AM

Hi

Thanks, Ill try it out.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 9:27 PM

Pose dots are stored as pz2 files (or perhaps pzz, depending on your setup), with the names 'poseDot_#.pz2'. Where '#' stands for a number from 1 to 9.

You could make make backups of the pose dots, then restore tham at some later time, being careful to backup the current set before restoring.

To find where the the pose dots are stored on your PC, use the Windows Search function to find the string 'poseDot_*'. You can cut down the search time by starting the search in your 'Documents and Settings' folder.

Create new folders to store the different sets of pose dots, eg 'Dots_1', 'Dots_2', etc. If you understand how to make batch files, you could speed up the process of copying and restoring sets by creating batch files to automate the tasks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.