Tue, Oct 22, 10:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: This is not a weightmapped Michael 4. But he....

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 2:28 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:57 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_499110.jpg

...could pass as one.ย  ;-)

ย 

I wanted to have some low resolution base figures so I could make permanently clothed figures and I wanted to see how far I could get by only using weightmaps and Poser 10/PP-2014's subdivision smoothing.

One of the test mules was the low res 17.000 polygon LOD version of Michael 4.

The demo pictures above show him subdivided once with only weight- and bulgemaps.

No joint-smoothing mags and no helper bones. (I only later added a single JCM for the armpits after I rendered these pics. Just couldn't help myself. HeHe)

He is Poser 10/PP-2014 only as he needs the "Unimesh" SubD smoothing enabled.

He can wear standard M4 clothing as I did not change the original joint centers.

M4-17k-LOD has no morphs of his own, but you can transfer M4 Morphs over to him inside Poser fairly well.

Sooo....

...any interrest in him ?

ย 

ย 

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 2:42 PM

Interest? The character looks great, of course there are interest :-)

Well done!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 3:38 PM

Nice rigging there JP...good job. ๐Ÿ˜„

Comitted to excellence through art.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 3:52 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_499113.jpg

The armpit JCM I added.

ย 

And the download link:

http://rapidshare.com/share/EB49697A3AD92D8A724E47B431129D77

ย 

I used RTE-JAVA this time to encode the cr2.

All info is in the Read-Me, so please DO read it.

:-)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 4:54 PM

I didn't even know there was a Mike 4 LOD. I have Gen3 LODs, but not the Gen4 figures. o.O??

I can't even find it in my product list. Separate purchase??

Laurie

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 4:58 PM ยท edited Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:00 PM

The three Michael 4 LOD's (1K, 4K and 17K) geometry files install alongside Michael 4, even though Poser normally can't use them.

Just look in the geometry folder where you installed Michael 4.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:13 PM

Oh...snort...ok then. LOL

I never had any idea :P. I'm sooo observant ;).

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 5:20 PM

Well, another toy to play with. ย Thank you very much.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:24 PM

waaahh i don't have pp14 yet.

he looks great!

โ™ฅย My Gallery Albumsย  ย  โ™ฅ ย ย My YTย  ย โ™ฅ ย ย Party in the CarrarArtists Forumย ย โ™ชโ™ชโ™ชย 10 years of Carrara forumย โ™ฅ My FreeStuff

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:42 PM
Online Now!

do you need PP14 for this or would poser 10 do? Poser 10 has been onsale for 100 dollars just recently.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:50 PM
Online Now!

would you be able to do a similar thing with poser skinned genesis figures too?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:52 PM

Poser 10 would do.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:53 PM

"would you be able to do a similar thing with poser skinned genesis figures too?"

Sorry, but I don't understand the question ?

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 7:56 PM
Online Now!

I thought there might be something akin to this "The three Michael 4 LOD's (1K, 4K and 17K) geometry files install alongside Michael 4, even though Poser normally can't use them." that we aren't normally using for genesis, that maybe we should be using.

It's a silly question really. ย sorry. just thinking if there was a way we could not have dson as it is so slow.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:09 PM

Genesis I and II are very low resolution meshes already, so they don't need LOD versions.

Yes, of course you can make a "native" Poser rig for a Genesis mesh, but you'd have to do it completely from scratch, joint centers and all.

And you'd have to make separate rigs for every major Genesis figure/morph like V5, M5, Julie, etc, as you can't easily extract all those "sub-rigs" from the main Genesis rig in Poser.

BTW, if you use Poser's own subdivision instead of Genesis' DSON subdivision, Genesis is not slow at all. (Except for the initial loading which is a bit slow).

But again you need Poser 10 or PP-2014 for that. and the newst versions of the DSON importer and the Genesis files.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:21 PM
Online Now!

Hi thanks, well i have all the new stuff so I'll try that for genesis. ย actually i have tried before but I thought i had to hack the Cr2 to put the geeometry file into poser. however that gave me bad UV with my textures.

anyway getting back to your new inovation for M4, I am mac user so I downloaded a free RTEncoder I got from the net and it worked fine. just testing it now.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:23 PM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.rtencoder.com/downloads/

for all you mac users, I got the RTEncoder here

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 8:41 PM
Online Now!

file_499122.png

thisis nice! ย great work.

And its wonderful that you've given this away for free.

Now as I recall you did some great work with weightmapped V3 and even made a good looking teen - hint hint.

have you got your own website yet?

Love eshter

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2013 at 9:01 PM
Online Now!

file_499123.png

This is phenomenal work!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2013 at 7:55 AM
Online Now!

If you like I can give you a section on me and Wim's renderforever website to put things like this. It would go nicely with AlfaseeD's V4WMAS.

Fremmen ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2013 at 11:44 PM

This looks great, Thank You.

masha ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2013 at 12:13 AM

Thanks so much - wonderfully generous of you.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hm I don't have those LOD figures.. Do I need to install the DS version of M4 to get those? (I usually never install the DS files as I have no use for them, but... I really like this one...)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You justย can'tย put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
ย  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

raven ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2013 at 1:51 PM

Just redownload your M4/V4 figures from your DAZ account and they should be there in the zip.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2013 at 1:01 AM

Additionally, they don't show up as figures; they are only OBJ files in:

RuntimeGeometriesDAZPeopleblMilMan_m4b_LOD

dieckam ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 9:31 AM

Can you re upload the file?

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 1:25 PM

dieckam posted at 2:22PM Wed, 23 September 2015 - #4230301

Can you re upload the file?

You can get it here. It's open-source, but any redistribution has to be RTEncoded to protect DAZ' intellectual Property...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_I3V6UTuuXTk50YlJHYUZ2T00/view

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
โ€œI could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

dieckam ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:01 PM

Thanks!!!!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:13 PM

FANTASTIC!!! Of course we want it. I can speak for the entirety of Poserdom, right? ๐Ÿ˜œ

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Frequency3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 5:50 PM

oh cool! :)

Frequency Galleryย  |ย  Frequency Store

dieckam ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 3:13 PM

Hey i have a little issue. When I install Michael 4 on Poser, the LOD .obj havenยดt installed! Whats i am doing wrong?

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 3:30 PM

They should be in /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilMan_m4b_LOD/ in the Base package. I just looked at the zip file in my DAZ Install Manager directory and they are there...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

โ€œI could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 10:21 PM

I dont know how often Joepublic visit these forums, but didnt he create a WM version of V2? If so, was it ever released?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 8:43 AM

AFAIK, the only other WM releases were V3 and David. Also, use at your own risk.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2015 at 9:36 AM

hborre posted at 10:36AM Fri, 25 September 2015 - #4230672

AFAIK, the only other WM releases were V3 and David. Also, use at your own risk.

Little risk involved. :) You can get them here, if you didn't see Doug's post...

http://orphans.basicwiz.com/

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2015 at 2:17 AM

JoePublic could you maybe upload the file once again? I am having trouble downloading it. Thanks!

Eddy

ย 

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2015 at 6:31 AM ยท edited Sun, 27 September 2015 at 6:32 AM

Inspired_Art posted at 7:30AM Sun, 27 September 2015 - #4231003

JoePublic could you maybe upload the file once again? I am having trouble downloading it. Thanks!

Did you try here? Click on the arrow at top center do download it..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_I3V6UTuuXTk50YlJHYUZ2T00/view

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2015 at 10:44 AM

Thanks Joe!

Eddy

ย 

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 12:59 AM

Just wondering if any one could maybe clear some thing up for me. When I try to the V3 WM I get a error on the key file saying its not correct. I crosschecked and I had got the right .obj according to the readme so not sure what wrong.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 2:30 AM

May be there is an other creation day, try to download V3 again from DAZ and use that object file.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 4:41 AM

Jules53757 posted at 9:41PM Sat, 03 September 2016 - #4282022

May be there is an other creation day, try to download V3 again from DAZ and use that object file.

Tried that and no luck

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 5:03 AM ยท edited Sat, 03 September 2016 at 5:04 AM

I tried it with RTEncoderpy 1.0.0 and blMilWom_v3.obj, dated 20.12.2004, 8,21 MB (8.617.314 Bytes), and it worked well.

I did it also with the RTEncoder 2.0.72.1 with the same result but much faster.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 5:13 AM

Jules53757 posted at 10:13PM Sat, 03 September 2016 - #4282028

I tried it with RTEncoderpy 1.0.0 and blMilWom_v3.obj, dated 20.12.2004, 8,21 MB (8.617.314 Bytes), and it worked well.

I did it also with the RTEncoder 2.0.72.1 with the same result but much faster.

I'll give it another shot in the morning see what happens

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 6:58 AM

This is silly ... but could someone explain what the differences between these figures are? What are their significance? And what are their compatability with characters already created for M4? I don't really understand. Is it just resolution?

Boni

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 8:44 AM

As stated in the OP, low resolution but better bends. It's the better joint bending which impressed, and because the model is lo-res, it will have less impact on system resources. Especially if you load multiple figures into your scene.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 9:08 AM

Is there any drawbacks? Does it accept regular characters? Morphs do transfer, right? I just want ot get all the information on this. Excuse my ignorance. I've used Poser for a long time, but still there are things I need to learn.

Boni

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 12:12 PM

In double checking how morphs can be applied to this version of M4, you cannot directly load Morph ++ to the figure, they do not take. The workaround, load a base M4, load the morph package and use the Poser Pro version to transfer the morphs over.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 3:21 PM

hborre posted at 10:20PM Sat, 03 September 2016 - #4282059

In double checking how morphs can be applied to this version of M4, you cannot directly load Morph ++ to the figure, they do not take. The workaround, load a base M4, load the morph package and use the Poser Pro version to transfer the morphs over.

That's the way it works but take care, if you use all morphs you'll have a "morphmonster"!

Ulli

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 7:50 PM

Ah but you will have some amazing morphs that few people know the Generation 4 figures had, you can categorize them a nd group them I believe.

Boni

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 9:25 PM

How to do that please? I just got him and have been playing around. Flung a metric crap-ton of morphs at him, many of which work fairly well if I'm careful with the dials but finding & sorting them is a proper pain. I have also discovered that he does not take Inj. poses for the custom morphs I have made, but if I load in a regular M4, inject my custom morph in that then just copy-paste between the two figures the LOD Mike will get the morph. However I have yet to find a way to remove said morph using that method.

Even with those "drawbacks" I love the way he bends. Can't do that even with my favorite Overhaul or Beautiful Bends M4 fixes. Thanks!

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 04 September 2016 at 10:15 PM ยท edited Sun, 04 September 2016 at 10:16 PM

Ok, I do not know the process, but our morph gurus most have workarounds for categorizing and injecting custom morphs.

Boni

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.