Tue, Oct 22, 4:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: first try with dynamics / help needed

JANNEMO ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 5:49 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 3:42 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to do an animation of an hamburger, with (a lot of) ingredients falling and stacking.

I would like the ingredients to fall and drop "realistically" on each other, dynamic style haha. I've tried to do that with the cloth room but i'm a bit lost and i'm not sure it's the right way.

Here is a youtube video of my first try so you see what i mean :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8GHTAFaKI&feature=youtu.be

Can i do that in poser, or is there another program out there with the right tool ?

I'm not looking for real time performance, simulations can be long if they have to.

Also, once an ingredient is dropped on the one under it, it can stop to be dynamic as i assume it would be very long calculations to keep everything in the simulation.

I've tried bullet simulations but i believe it's only working with primitives right ?

I'm sure you realised i'm not a professionnal 3D artist, so any help/tips/tutorial links are welcome. Also my english is far from perfect so i wish everything is understandable, sorry if I made mistakes.

Many thanks in advance, have a nice day :)

aRtBee ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 6:41 AM

In Poser you can use the gravity script for the ingredients in free fall, but you have to do the impact stage manually, deforming frame by frame when the mere details are relevant.

Perhaps Cloth Room might work out for leaves of salad and the piece of cheese (it will require as much effort as doing those manually), but it will splash the burger completely as its considered a dress with no-one in.

Same holds for other software I guess, I'm not aware of any good dynamic burger assembly simulators. Particles systems can do things like that, but these will fall short on the movements of the particles themselves (the salad leaf wobbling etc).

have fun :-)

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hi the Bullet physics in Poser will work with burgers I'm sure :) I can't promise it will be the easy solution though, but it is more achievable than the cloth room.

The cloth room is quite likely to deform your ingerdients too much, you'll end up with a melted burger :)

The Bullet Physics simulations are far more controllable giving you more options ranging from full rigid objects to soft bodies (even infaltable bodies).

I'd start off simply maybe with the bottom bun and burger and get that working as you want, then add the other laryers of the burger one by one.  Until you have the whole thing working.

You may find that you need to experiment a fair bit to get it finished, but I'm sure you can get it working :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

heddheld ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 11:51 AM

blender can probably do what you want, mix of rigid body and cloth

but its a pain to learn!! lots of fun once you can get your head round it

JimGale ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 12:48 PM · edited Wed, 06 November 2013 at 12:50 PM

Unless you want a bounce at the end, consider it inverted... camera upside down, burger upside down, burger together, then it falls apart (gravity) over time. Then reverse the video. :)

(destruction is always easier than creation - but then so is rewinding)

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 7:15 AM

Quote - Unless you want a bounce at the end, consider it inverted... camera upside down, burger upside down, burger together, then it falls apart (gravity) over time. Then reverse the video. :)

Yep. This is the easiest way. Sometimes easy is good. Only problem is if the OP doesn't have the video app to invert and flip the frames.

JimGale ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 12:38 PM · edited Thu, 07 November 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - Unless you want a bounce at the end, consider it inverted... camera upside down, burger upside down, burger together, then it falls apart (gravity) over time. Then reverse the video. :)

Yep. This is the easiest way. Sometimes easy is good. Only problem is if the OP doesn't have the video app to invert and flip the frames.

True, so:

1. (online): http://www.videoreverser.com/

or 2. http://www.tinyurl.com/ksrtolf (in case you don't want to submit your video online)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.