Mon, Sep 9, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: New to Vue

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 7:48 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 8:52 AM

I've tried to sign into the forum on Cornucopia 3D, but every time I do (I've tried using Opera, IE and Firefox) the page errors out after three minutes of "waiting for cornucopia3d.com, log in, waiting for..." so I am going to try here while continuing my efforts on the site to get to the forum to be able to post.

I have Vue 9 Frontier, so in essence I should be able to import Poser Obj (static) into a scene.  I haven't gotten that far because the main issue is that I cannot access ANY of the included content that came with the program itself because it keeps saying that it's not available.

I installed the program, activated the serial number I think last year when I got the product- no issues.  I can use the water plane, the rock plane, the terrain but when I go into the plants and other objects I know for a fact are in they're folders, the message comes up that nothing can be found and to delete the directory.

I have Vue and it's files in their own folder on the F drive, so everything is together and (I had thought) easily accessed.  Is the set-up the issue?  I was wondering if I had to uninstall everything and start over- but I had hoped to keep it off of the C drive to keep the memory issue non-existent.  

Any thoughts?

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 8:13 AM

I've also notice that none of the usual materials, objects, or atmospheres (that I assume come with the basic program itself) are loaded into Vue- there's nothing but a couple of plants (that I double checked, they are listed in their folders) that the program says it can't use).  Anyone else have this issue?

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 8:31 AM

I suppose the items you want to load are located in the extras CD, their preview shows a CD in the bottom right corner? meéans you need to download your Xtras CD from your e-on account page.

If it shows the Cornucopia3d logo, then it means it's an item you can buy from the Cornucopia3D website, but you can do so without leaving Vue (provided you have an account, which is not the case yet, apparently). So take a look at the icon in the bottom right corner of the preview of the item, if a disc, then it's on the extras CD, if a Cornucopia, it's an item you have to buy from C3D.

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2013 at 4:48 PM

The purchase came from a disc from 3D Art, but it included links to the download since it was such a large file.  I'll check that again and see if there are other links to the content.

As for the membership, yes I am and have been for a year or better.  I did notice that there were purchase options in Vue, but for now while learning I want to use what it came with to get a good handle on hjow to use it properly.   Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.