Mon, Sep 9, 6:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: A small request...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 5:58 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 5:33 AM

I'd like for people whose names come to mind, but who I can't and won't say,  to stop pointing out that you have an NDA agreement with a group or entity that prevents you from talking about something. Then why bring it up? By definition you can't defend your assertion because there's no way to back it up with proof. Telling me that DAZ's sales for Genesis are ten times better than expected, tells me nothing because there's no way to know what the DAZ's expectations were, or that SM's sales for Poser are expected to increased by 25% the next year because you've seen the data but can't share them with us is like sayig that you're best buds with a well known rock star but can't mention who.

Frankly, I think disclosing that you've signed an NDA should be included  in the NDA. That said, I think there should be some obvious exceptions like if you're actually working for the company you're talking about. If Steve Cooper, Teyon, Bagginsbill, or Chris Creek mentions something that they can't talk about, hey, I can respect that. Some of the rest of you, not so much.

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 7:45 AM · edited Wed, 27 November 2013 at 7:46 AM

I tend to agree.

If someone cites information obtained under an NDA as amunition to an argument, then it is spacous. Things that are not open to verification have no place in argumentation. To those not privy to the NDAs, they represent beliefs, not verifiable facts.

If you are trying to share information along the lines of "I can't talk about it, but hold on to that thought" then that is another matter. No one is trying to use the confidential information to make points or bolster their positions. No harm, no foul.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 9:36 AM

I'm not under and NDA and I still don't know anything :P. But then ya wouldn't know if I was under one cause it's not something I tend to bandy about. LOL. I can't use them to make a point because, well...ya can't make a point with no information o.O. Those things tend to need facts ;).

Laurie

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 10:02 AM

They tend to forget the ND in the A.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quote - They tend to forget the ND in the A.

ROFL.

Amen, Amen, and Amen!

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 6:30 PM · edited Wed, 27 November 2013 at 6:34 PM

Quote - I tend to agree.

If someone cites information obtained under an NDA as amunition to an argument, then it is spacous. Things that are not open to verification have no place in argumentation. To those not privy to the NDAs, they represent beliefs, not verifiable facts.

Stuff that called someone out about it appears to have vanished, but the post they put about it remains...

Epic editing... It is refreshing to see mods with a sense of humor...

I all honesty, all posts like that should be deleted, since there is no way to tell if they are really on topic. Even if you were in the same program, you may not have a clue what they are talking about anyway. Sort of like.....

So delete away..... People will get tired of it and go to another forum.

Then all you have to do, is continue to delete posts that no one is reading anyway....

(sarcasm intended) O_o

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 7:20 PM · edited Wed, 27 November 2013 at 8:18 PM

shvrdavid - Check your site mail.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 6:34 AM

Quote -  I'd like for people whose names come to mind, but who I can't and won't say,  to stop pointing out that you have an NDA agreement with a group or entity that prevents you from talking about something. Then why bring it up? By definition you can't defend your assertion because there's no way to back it up with proof. Telling me that DAZ's sales for Genesis are ten times better than expected, tells me nothing because there's no way to know what the DAZ's expectations were, or that SM's sales for Poser are expected to increased by 25% the next year because you've seen the data but can't share them with us is like sayig that you're best buds with a well known rock star but can't mention who.

Frankly, I think disclosing that you've signed an NDA should be included  in the NDA. That said, I think there should be some obvious exceptions like if you're actually working for the company you're talking about. If Steve Cooper, Teyon, Bagginsbill, or Chris Creek mentions something that they can't talk about, hey, I can respect that. Some of the rest of you, not so much.

THIS is why I wish there was a "like" button

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 10:30 AM

I signed an and NDA with myself which means I can't talk about why I can't talk about NDA's.

Damn I've violated it.  I'm going to be mad with myself now, probably have to file a lawsuit against myself for being loose lipped.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2013 at 7:59 PM

I've been collecting NDAs for years .. I think I need one from Microsoft and I'll have a really comprehensive set lol

LM

McGyver13 ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2013 at 11:27 AM

Most of the NDAs I've been party to are too serious to mess with.  Realistically I've noticed that in real life when people mention NDAs, it is just a way of backing up what they are saying without proof... People who sign real (serious) NDAs hardly ever mention it, because there is no point and it only opens you up for criticism and could lead to misunderstandings or law suits if someone else ever disclosed information which you are making reference to... Bad Mojo man.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quote - Most of the NDAs I've been party to are too serious to mess with.  Realistically I've noticed that in real life when people mention NDAs, it is just a way of backing up what they are saying without proof... People who sign real (serious) NDAs hardly ever mention it, because there is no point and it only opens you up for criticism and could lead to misunderstandings or law suits if someone else ever disclosed information which you are making reference to... Bad Mojo man.

again, we so need a "like" button here....

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.