Wed, Oct 2, 7:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: how high is V4.2 ?

xpdev ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 11:07 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

There is a method of comparing the height of two different characters, for example M4 and V4 and find out the height of each one ?

To change the height of a character which method you recommend ? (for ex from 1.80m to 1.70 m)

thanks

Poser Pro 2014 SR 1 on Windows 7 64 bit
I use IDL, Gamma Correction and EZSkin for all final renders.

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 11:10 AM

This is what I use:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41322/gallery/11/Poser/Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

xpdev ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'll test it....

thanks...

Poser Pro 2014 SR 1 on Windows 7 64 bit
I use IDL, Gamma Correction and EZSkin for all final renders.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 11:42 AM · edited Tue, 03 December 2013 at 11:42 AM
Forum Coordinator

1 - Pose the figure with feet flat on the ground, as if being measured.

then

2 - create a sphere (default Poser primitive) and scale it to the size of a wallnut (or smaller for greater accuracy).

3 - use translation dials to move up, down etc. to measure in the unit you selected in preferences.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 12:01 PM

Heres a discussion of Poser figure scaling with a table of heights; interesting reading... 😄

http://www.morphography.uk.vu/scaleobj.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 12:51 AM

I use the method FVerbaas describes because that's what's most consistent with measurements in everything else, like materials, simulations, positioning, etc. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 4:34 AM · edited Wed, 04 December 2013 at 4:41 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_499909.jpg

This is how the girls load in Poser 6 or later The yardsticks are calibrated to the actual internal scaling. Of course the proportions are all over the place as you can see by the varying head sizes. If you want more realism, you have to rescale them accordingly. All were measured posed standing naturally. Posette and Aneta were added for comparison only. Aneta was scaled based on a real woman of known size, so her proportions are "correct".

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 5:37 AM

All were measured posed standing naturally. Posette and Aneta were added for comparison only. Aneta was scaled based on a real woman of known size, so her proportions are "correct".

I'd like to see all these figures at the same height so things like arm and leg length can be compared. V4's arms are too long for her head height when posing yet seem short compared to her legs. V6 seems worse. First time I've seen her. Being a G2, I guess she scales easily to what you need.

The percentage distance of fingertips to ground is interesting here as well. SP3 and Aneta seemingly correct from human standpoint.

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 6:12 AM

file_499911.jpg

"Being a G2, I guess she scales easily to what you need." Yep. here I changed overall height, leg lenght, arm lenght, torso height and shoulder width for more realistic/average proportions. People want idealised/cartoonish. Not my cup of tea, but I don't mind as long as I can easily dial it away.

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 6:45 AM

file_499913.jpg

"I'd like to see all these figures at the same height so things like arm and leg length can be compared." Here you go.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 10:49 AM

Here you go

*Thanks for that. I don't have any (but 2) of these figures. I know V4 has a chest scaling feature but it was not enough for me to overcome the arm length problem. Posing her arms crossed over her head (hand to elbow) left a huge negative space between her head and arms. I just scaled the shoulders down but,,, if you forgot and sent the figure out for an FBM, you got the shelves. I could cure this in Zbrush as a prop but not as working cr2.

hmann had a hip lowering morph on his V3 morph package which I never figured out how to do on V4. Seeing V4 like this shows why I struggled with her.

Scaling the ribcage horizontally and lowering the hip as the leg length decreases seem to have been the weak links in the past. Or, chest scaling with an arm length scaler...

Time for me to visit G2 I think.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 8:10 PM

That is using the updated scaling size which was never supported by DAZ (or most other people) so would take these measurements with a touch of flexibility. Basically, DAZ didn't want to redo every model it created since the Poser owners, at the time, decided to change the scale (more than once).

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 9:49 AM

From English Bob's discussion I linked to above, it appears that the Poser scale was always 103.2" to the Poser Unit, but Curious Labs apparently didn't get that memo, whilst E-Frontier did...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 11:48 AM
Forum Coordinator

Fortunately, there is the scale dial.

8/8.6 = 0.93 with sufficient acuracy. 

This of coure can be used also in the opposite direction: the Poser owners can be so sloppy because there IS the scale dial. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.