Wed, Sep 18, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: converting V3 prop to M4?

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 6:05 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: V3 Prosthetic hook

Hi, I was wondering is there a way to somewhat easily convert a prop made for V3 over to M4?

I need to use the linked product but it's only for V3

I tried using Crossdresser and Wardrobe wizard but that was a bust.

Thanks

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 7:35 PM

It's a conforming figure instead of a prop, so it would need to be converted to conform to M4. 

If you have PP2014 you could try the fitting room. 

Wardrobe wizard should work if you have the plug-ins for both V3 and M4.

Otherwise you will need to convert it manually. Without knowing what version of Poser you're using, it's hard to give specifics, but at this point it looks like an external modeling app will be required in order to fit it manually, if the other methods don't work. 

~Shane

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 7:42 PM

I did try the fitting room,  the prop melted more or less lol. 

Hana-Hanabi ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 8:31 PM

Did you make sure you had things set properly? Do pre-fitting and set soft and hard details, etc?

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2013 at 8:55 PM

probably not, I've only played with the fitting room a couple times, trying to get clothes on Dawn. And I haven't used Wardrobe Wizard in 3 years, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, that is if this item is compatable. :)

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 4:41 AM

I never bothered to convert V3 to M4- I find using the scale dials after conforming and it works rather well.  I tend to use the Gothic boot collection as well as a few other items and have had some decent results.  I've included a pic to show you.  Usually the Y scale dial, along with some fiddling with the other two gets it into position and sized almost perfect and then the feet/toes are hidden for any poke through.

http://sta.sh/015rsil0ljem

I've used one of V3's Gothic Boots for the M4 in that piece.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2013 at 5:38 AM

The fitting room works best when the object file is fully welded.

In some cases, with PP2014, it is best to use the morph brush to get a fit.
Then use the joint editor to adapt the rigging.

But I have no experience with this particular item.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.