Mon, Sep 9, 1:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Holiday Animation Contest

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2013 at 2:27 PM · edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 9:46 PM

Just a reminder that we have our annual Holiday Contest in progress at this time but will be ending on December 18th.  

The participation seems low this year.  We were asked not to combine Photography with Animation this year and I would really like to see more entries.

It's not too late to get your photo enteried and if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Here is a direct link to that particular contest:  

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/contest/index.php?contest_id=1374

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2013 at 6:16 PM

Attached Link: http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/nohjekim/media/ChristmasMessage_zps3b76f297.mp4.html

Hi

Had I know earlier I would have done something, now it's a little too late and I have a lot to do between now and Christmas.

Using Poser Animation combined with Photography is kind of my thing.

But I'm new to the animation forum and didn't know what was going on.

Maybe next year.

In the mean time I'll post a link to a Christmas animation that I did a few years ago, before I was doing them in Poser.

Mike

** Merry Christmas Everyone!!!**

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

poisinivy ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2013 at 9:45 AM · edited Fri, 13 December 2013 at 9:49 AM

Attached Link: Ivys animations

Hi Tina

I stop entering animations at Renderosity contest, back this fall after I spent 3 months rendring for a Halloween contest to find out it wouldn't fit your 800 x800 ~ 10 mb rules.

Renderosity  contest rules are to resictive to enter my animation.. I found  I have better chance at being able to submit to  contests. at Deviantart, and at Indie films  so that where I been putting my efforts. The prizes are not at good as renderosisty, But the artist gets more exposure to their work.  Not to mention that being able to use Third party video services to upload large video files. such as Daily motion or Youtube make it a big plus. because after the contest is over the animation can still be viewed later after the contest is over on my video services. There is a lot of render time and work into creating  animation that is worth watching. to have it watched for a month or so and then it gets moth-balled.

Even my web cartoons are greater than 50 MB , thats why I stop making animations for constest here renderosity.

The contest rules restrict anything that I could do of quailty.  just to make one scene in AVI or MOV would be more than the 50 MB allowed , most of my animations are in the 4 to 5 gig byte range, I made a 1080 HD  animation for Halloween and it was refused because of the files size.

So because it takes me 2 -6 months to create a fairly good animation because of the render time involed .  its not worth it to me at least to enter animation into these contest here anymore.  Though I already have subbitted a 800 x 800  still graphic.

so maybe next year you guys might think of a better way for animation contest to be displayed. so we can subbit bigger HD files sizes.

Just in case any you artist want to know  the animation guidelines are.

Contest rules for Animation Files:

• Renderosity will be hosting the files.
  • Audio is optional, but desirable. (NOTE: Do NOT use someone else's copyrighted music.)
  • Animation File Size: 50 meg maximum.
  • Animation Time: Entry should not exceed 60 seconds in duration.
  • Animation formats: DivX, .avi, .mpg, .wmv, or standard .mov.

If you like to see the types of HD animations I create you can watch them here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

Good luck to everyone,.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.