Wed, Oct 2, 9:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012:Shadow Cam Focal Length

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 4:17 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:47 PM

Help!  I'm trying to get a shadow cam to zoom in on a figure to correct a shadowing problem, but try as I might, I cannot get it to change focal length.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've tried adjusting the "Focal Lenght" blob but it makes no difference.  I'm stuck!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 6:40 AM · edited Sat, 21 December 2013 at 6:46 AM

You have to use the Shadow cam "scale" oddly enough...

...that reminds me,, once youare looking in the light cam, click on your mainlight light ball, which switches parameters to light from shadowcam. now you can tune your light xyz while looking through its cam.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 7:02 AM

Thanks - I'll give it a try!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

aRtBee ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 9:05 AM

In my Poser Pro 2012 (and 2010 as well as 2014) Shadow Cams have a Zoom dial.

Except for Infinite Lights and/or manually added Lights which offer cams with a Scale dial. This is somewhat inconsistent over the Poser versions.  Scaling down Zooms in (as with shrinking your camera in real life :-) )

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 10:50 AM · edited Sat, 21 December 2013 at 10:54 AM

Scaling down Zooms in (as with shrinking your camera in real life :-)

Yep. It's not focal but, on rethinking this you can use the lights focal dials while watching through the light camera. This is what I hoped to say.

To be clear,   right click workwindow, select correct shadowcam. Then left click the centermost light on lightball icon. This should swap parameter box to your camera's light.

Now you can tune your light and slave your camera to your actions. Changing your light's focal should now have a realtime effect in preview. Also aligning your subject matter to realtime light and shadow.

Writing from memory. I know you guys know this. Just being clear(er) for casual readers.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2013 at 2:07 AM

Quote - Yep. It's not focal but, on rethinking this you can use the lights focal dials while watching through the light camera. This is what I hoped to say. To be clear,   right click workwindow, select correct shadowcam. Then left click the centermost light on lightball icon. This should swap parameter box to your camera's light.

Now you can tune your light and slave your camera to your actions. Changing your light's focal should now have a realtime effect in preview. Also aligning your subject matter to realtime light and shadow.

That did the trick - thanks very much everyone!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.