Mon, Sep 9, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser libraries don't work anymore

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:05 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:00 PM

Hi: I usually use Poser Pro 2014 so I don't know when this happened to my Poser Pro 2012, when I open Poser 2012, the libraey wibndow is blank. Nothing loads in it. I did install SR-3 to see if it would fix it, but it did not. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Sherrie

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:15 PM · edited Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:24 PM

Welcome, LOL, Get in line, ha-ha-ha-, sorry, I am joking, but there are only 20 to 30 treads about this already, each containing the solution.

The problem and solution are simple; Your PC automatically installed IE11 during an automatic Windows update.

Roll back to IE10, and problem solved. => Windows restore to a date before the IE11 install.

And go to the Microsoft site to install the little patch that prevents the unwanted installation of IE11.

Poser 10 and PoserPro 2014 are "fail safe" to this IExplorer 11 masacre since SR2. And we are now on SR3 : build 26066.

There is a SM patch to cure Poser9, but the patch to cure PP2012 is not out yet.

The problem surfaced when at release, IE11 broke the older Poser versions, but not all PC's get this automatic IE11 update at the same time.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:35 PM

Thank you, but how do I roll back IE11?

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:36 PM

Oh, I see, but restoring the PC would wipe out other new installs, wouldn't it?

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:43 PM

When selecting the restore point, and systhematically going back in time, you can open a submenu each date, to see what gets changed each time.
Every restore point can show what gets "undone".

Safe option would be to take note of those changes.

Do the restore to the date before IE11 installation.
Goto=> the Microsft site to install the patch to prevent IE11 installation.
Run Windows updater (if you want to ) and all other updates will be performed exept the IE11 install.

Or? ? ?
Wait for SM to come with a patch to make PoserPro 2012 failsafe for IE11.

They released one for Poser9, so? Perhaps one is in the making for PP2012 too?

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:49 PM

I dod not know if you run your library on flash or air but you can try this.

You could try using the external library if you don't want to roll back to IE10

Edit Poser.ini to use external library ;
set  : LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1 in your Poser.ini file 

If you do roll back, here the download link to Microsoft to prevent IE 11 from being automatically reinstalled...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:49 PM

Thank you!

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 12:54 PM · edited Fri, 20 December 2013 at 1:00 PM

**WARNING !!!!        ** ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!

As you have 2 installs  PoserPro 2012 and PoserPro2014, be sure to edit the correct Poser.ini file !!!!!!

Yours should be in

C:Users your own pc AppdataRoaming Poser Pro9Poser.ini

Your PP2014 Poser.ini to not touch is in;
C:Users your own pc AppdataRoaming Poser Pro10Poser.ini

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 1:55 PM

I just tried to roll back Windows 7 64 and it won't roll back. It said something was preventing it from rolling back. Now what? HOw do I fix that???? Thanks in advance.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 2:05 PM

Aj, and do you have a clue of what is preventing the roll back? ?

First try to edit the correct PP2012 Poser.ini
IF that solves it for you, you are also good to get PP2012 back online. 

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 2:18 PM

No. I will try and edit ini files. Thanks

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 4:53 PM · edited Fri, 20 December 2013 at 4:54 PM

Attached Link: Poser Update for IE11 in PP2012

Patch for Poser 2012 with IE11 is now available: http://poser.smithmicro.com/pro2012-updates.html

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 5:11 PM

Ha Wim, you beat me to it.

Lots of PP2012 users will be soooo happy.

Happy Posering you all.
Tony

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2013 at 12:33 PM

Got the patch. It works now! Thanks!!!!!!

dante ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hello all...had this problem with poser pro 2014 sr 1...did the E11 elimination and it worked just fine...installed sr 3...no problems there, but today, bam...libraries window blank...any help someone?

Thanks

dante ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 11:06 AM

file_500380.jpg

Here's what I get:

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 11:37 AM

Quote - Here's what I get:

What OS are you running?

Officially P9/PoserPro 2012 and Windows 8.1 are not supported

If it is Windows 8.1 you might want to try and disable protocol checking on poserpro.exe and lsmguiair.exe in your AV program. That seems to solve the problem. 

dante ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 12:24 PM · edited Mon, 23 December 2013 at 12:25 PM

Win 7 Poser pro 2014 r3

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote - Win 7 Poser pro 2014 r3

That should not be a problem

Try the protocol exclusion trick anyway. Maybe a new windows update has implemented that windows 8.1 "feature"

dante ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 4:07 PM

My apoologies for the ignorance, but how should I proceed to do that?

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quote - My apoologies for the ignorance, but how should I proceed to do that?

That really depends on your Antivirus or firewall program

I can tell you for Eset Smart security, but each program has its own way of doing that.

It probably involves going to the advanced settings and to a section protocol protocol filter for web and email. In it there is probably a section where you can exclude programs from filtering. Add LSMGUIAIR and PoserPro to that

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 9:06 PM

Meh. I completely reinstalled Poser and all these latest updates, and still seem to have the same problem. Gonna try restart my computer, but I don't have much faith at the moment.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 9:07 PM

BTW, my problem is not that the library palette is empty per se. It's that it doesn't display properly at all—from minimizing & maximizing from my taskbar, it looks like it's trying to open to the right of screen space. Really weird.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 9:24 PM

I think I'm sorted. I was already using the external AIR library. So I did the opposite of Vilter's advice and set LIBRARY_IS_AIR to 0. I can now see my library, though I haven't used it yet .... (crosses fingers).

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 11:09 PM

Well, the library works, but I'm not out of the woods yet ... my parameter dials palette won't show up in the Pose room, although I can view in e.g. the Material room. Weird. Are these issues related?

obm890 ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2013 at 6:19 PM · edited Mon, 30 December 2013 at 6:19 PM

I am unable to get my libraries to show up in PP2012 on win7 64. I have wasted days reading threads, following links to other threads, downloading updates and patches, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc, etc. Still NO libraries. Poser version is 9.0.3.26149, Flash version is 119 900 170

I get the "error 2032" popup, if I click it I get a blank library window. This happens with IE11 uninstalled and blocked using the microsoft patch. This happens whether IE10 is enabled or disabled. This happens whether I'm online or offline, whether I try using AIR libraries or Flash libraries, whether AVG2014 is running or completely uninstalled, whether Windows firewall is turned on or off.

I've run out of patience. How hard can it be to get this software to run? How can the viewing of libraries be this complicated in PP2012 when it worked in P7? How can a search for "Error 2032" in the SM support pages turn up absolutely NOTHING, but a Google search for it turns up results all over the internet?

Maybe it's time to give up on PP2012 and reinstall P7, or better still, give up on Poser.

Fall_Guy ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 7:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Just happened to me (NO Library)  ..... again

Had the same problem with Poser 10, so upgraded to 2014, and have been using it without any problems for about 4 weeks.........  until today.

I will email SMicro for support and to let them know how feed-up I'am with the whole POSER library saga.  I have followed the previous threads and tried to retify the problem, but have been completly unsucessful.

regards

a very un-happy Poser user.

Runing Poser 2014 on Windows 7 - 64bit

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:36 AM

The fix at Smith Micro worked for me.

Fall_Guy ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 10:41 AM

I have completly uninstalled silverlight and IE v10,..........and Installed Google chrome.

Re-booted and straight away my Poser library came back.  (Go Figure!)

Just for info:   I was using Poser 2014 fully installed with the latest patches Sr3 and Content patch as of 01/01/2014.

Regards

Hope this helps someone

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 12:33 PM

Poser and Windows Explorer 11 are not compatible. The patch fixed mine but I imagine it did not work for some.

WarrenWR ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:55 PM · edited Thu, 02 January 2014 at 10:03 PM

file_500621.png

OK, I'm all for getting all of the information on one page! But nobody has really approached my issue: Poser 10 and Windows 8.1

I was upgraded (haw haw) to Windows 8.1 one night while I napped, and suddenly Poser 9 quit completely! Several 'old standby fixes' didn't work, so I contact SMicro: "Sorry, Poser 9 is incompatible with Windows 8.1, I have to buy Poser 10, period." (This in the middle of a paying job, mind you) Good thing it was less than a week til payday, maybe I'd only lose a couple of days' work ...

Seconds after midnight, I buy and download Poser 10 and install it in my Programs(x86) folder but point out on installation that I have my Runtime in a folder called "C:Exodus" -- as in "post-Genesis", a completely separate fiasco -- and after checking for any updates (none mentioned) I launch it and load the Poser 9 files I was working on (thankfully, they load with no problem) and notice a few of my libraries are named folders with [?] notations, but usually not the ones I'm looking for so who cared? (then)

But then I start looking for stuff like the default "Props>Primitives" folder and find it's just a [?] folder, too -- I give it some time to refresh by itself (about an hour) before I hit the "refresh" icon, and that changes the name of the folder to "[?] Primitives Refresh" but after another hour has had no other effect.

I looked at the second post on this thread and went, Well, that's so easy! Yeah, but not for Windows 8.1, it turns out -- IE10 is not compatible with W8.1 and the site doesn't even offer an option. (So, too late for the 'don't reinstall' patch, too --)

PLUS, some of the libraries change from launch to launch, sometimes the "Hands" are just empty horizontal light-grey-on-grey stripes, sometimes they're folders with [?]>name< in those stripes, and sometimes it's just a big blank box and on some special occasions everything loads -- icons, name, size, date, everything except the button beneath to click to load the target item. (Sometimes doubleclicking the menu will do the trick: usually, it changes to blue and goes "loading loading loading" until I get tired, usually at least 20-30 minutes, but sometimes long enough for me to go out to the pub and have dinner and come back and it's STILL "loading loading loading" --) 

(And if I touch ANYTHING, including clicking a button to see if any of the other Libraries are doing any better, that little "Transactions Pending:" number ticks up a digit or two, but it still says it's got hundreds waiting and it doesn't know what to do with these 4 that are Active ...) Underneath the "Library" window is this cute notation: "Transactions  Pending:296" (or however many) and the next bit is always, "Active:4" --never more, never less.

Sometimes it's "Cameras" or "Materials" or "Poses" or "Characters", not "Hands". And like as not, they'll be working fine again when I restart or reboot or relaunch -- but somebody else won't.

I looked up SMicro again ... 3 Service Revisions since I was forced to upgrade to it, a month ago tomorrow? Of course I installed SR3 immediately, but SSDD. I've also entirely reinstalled Poser.

Oh, and it picked up a new trick today -- it loads two of everything in some libraries, some of the time. Both clones appear to be live when this happens. They are named identically, same size and date and icon, the menu just stutters as it showsshows meme whatwhat I'veI've gotgot.

I'm looking for the Prefs files now to make sure it's not looking for "AIR" somewhere... Please, if someone has a non-Catch-22 solution that doesn't require buying my second new version of Poser in less than a month, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance!

WarrenWR ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 11:13 AM

I see Renderosity is running a special: UPGRADE to Poser 10 NOW and receive 14 FREE products valued at $175.97 absoolutely FREE! 15 products in bundle Savings of $175.97

Hey, Renderosity! Thanks for the offer, but instead of all the freebies I'd like a copy of Poser 10 that actually works! You might want to mention it to Smith Micro, they're not being very helpful in that department ...

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2014 at 7:47 PM · edited Mon, 13 January 2014 at 7:48 PM
Site Admin

I recently found out that apparently AVG anti-virus interferes with Poser in some way under win 8.1, and that is why the service release didn't seem to fix the problem of the disappearing libraries.  Following a suggestion posted at RDNA I deactivated AVG's surf shield thingy, and the disappearing libraries problem disappeared. So, following someone else's suggestion, I uninstalled AVG and started using the Windows Defender that comes with win 8, and it's been about 3 or 4 days and no problems with it at all.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 13 January 2014 at 8:52 PM

I wasn't using AVG to begin with, although the update largely solved the problem (however, I've got PP2012). To this day, though, I still don't get a Parameter Dials palette in the Pose room (although it appears elsewhere).

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hmm, this is interesting. I'm running Mac OSX10.6.8. and my library just became nonfunctional as well. I can get it to show up, but I can't select anything.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 6:03 PM

Quick Addendum: Just checked my Poser 2012 and it seems to be working fine.  I can load and pose Roxie in PP12 but it gurmbles a bit, I keep getting the "Newer version number" prompt.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 6:58 PM

Just enabled Poser 2014 to run an external library and everything seems to be working again.

GeofiX ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2014 at 3:59 PM

OK Lets face the fact that the library system is Poser’s Achilles heel.

When will Smith-Micro finally get it into their heads that this needs integrating into the program instead of relying upon external programs they have no control over.
They’ve done Wonders with the program but there is this show stopper they just don’t appear to be concerned about, and they should be.
Let’s hope they scrap the external reliance and just build their own library system.
It’ll help avoid “Fixes” and customer costs, - ‘cause the library stops working in the middle of a commission.

And then there’s the Windows “Hate”(8) problems… But that’s a different kettle of sharks.

So Tell SM what you need or deal with it, it’s your choice.
I know that has a hobbyist it is deterring me from upgrading to the pro-versions.

No real nastiness intended, but it is a problem for some in the poser community.

Taylor-Made ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2014 at 1:17 PM

I have Poser Pro 2012.  I'm using the external library and only the Poser Pro library appears.  All my other libraries have disappeared.  I installed the latest update but I still can't see the other libraries.  They are there, because I can do a search and find figures that are contained in these "hidden" libraries, but they don't show up on the general library menu.  When I try to add them, Poser tells me that those runtimes are already in the library. Why the heck can i see one runtime, but not the others?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2014 at 2:35 PM
Site Admin

What OS are you running? 

Check to see if your anti-virus is interfering with Poser. 

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 5:02 PM · edited Sun, 19 January 2014 at 5:04 PM

file_501155.jpg

Okay, read this entire thread andf I don't see my problem, so here it is:

I recently had the Harddrive worked on and the shop turned off the system restore, so there's no earlier point to restore the system to. all the SR's have been installed. This just happened this evening.

Almost forgot, I use Windows 7 with Poser Pro 2014.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 6:25 PM

Okay, on the off-chance, I re-installed IE 10 after finding IE 11 on my system abd that seems to have fixed things. How do we keep IE11 off our systems?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 7:11 PM
Site Admin

in the "help" menu select "about IE10" then uncheck the box that says to automatically install updates.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2014 at 7:16 PM

Quote - in the "help" menu select "about IE10" then uncheck the box that says to automatically install updates.

I will. Thanks.

vivate ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 8:01 AM

Deaktivier AVG, the library is coming. Windows 8.1

is in Appdata> Roaming>LibraryState.xml ?

tetrasnake ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2014 at 2:30 PM · edited Wed, 05 February 2014 at 2:32 PM

I'm having problems with my Poser library. I keep getting "Blocked Plug-in". I'm running Poser 9 under Mac 10.6.8. What should I do to fix this problem?

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2014 at 9:28 PM

For me the windows update literally crashed Poser 9!

I didn't restore by the way.

I went to Control Panel/Programs/updates and removed rthe IE11 update from there. One reboot later and everything is peachy once again!

tetrasnake ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2014 at 10:11 PM

You're gonna laugh at this! I found out what was the problem! I needed to update Flash! 

MerryChristmas ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2014 at 11:28 PM · edited Thu, 06 February 2014 at 11:32 PM

Hello All.

Yes am also having what seems to be the same problem.

When i took advantage of SM cheap deal on Poser 9 over a month or so back,

I installed P9 ok and all worked well...was very pleased! Came back to open Poser

recently ...no library....instead where library should be in that little panel was the

error page saying   "This Page Could Not be Displayed" and to try and hit the refresh

button.  However when you open P9 if your very quick.....as in very quick. the library

appears for a very split second and if your super fast and click on the down arrow

you can get the library to open before that infernal error page!!

So if I could find what initiates the error page.....lol

Flash 12 up to date

I am on Windows XP Pro.

I.E 8.0.6001.

With Mozilla Firefox which I use all the time. but I.E 8 is installed but not used.

davo ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2014 at 9:36 PM

Don't know if this is relevant anymore. 

I am using Windows 7.

I had the same problem with windows automatically installing IE 11.  To remove the install of IE 11, you can go to the control panel / programs and Features /  then on the left side of the screen you will see a "View installed updates" , click on that and you will now see all the Microsoft Windows updates installed, not the programs.  It takes a while for all the updates to appear, so be patient.  Scroll down and Under Microsoft Windows updates, you should the update for IE 11.  You can uninstall it and it will roll back to IE 10.  After IE 10 is restored, open IE 10 and click the "Help" menu and then "about Internet Explorer 10".  You will see a button for "Install new versions automatically".  Uncheck it so it won't update to IE 11 again.  This will eliminate the need for you to restore your computer to an earlier date and losing any data associated with it.

Doing this was able to restore my library in poser.

Hope this helped somebody.

Cheers,

Davo

vivate ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2014 at 2:16 AM

I disable AVG internet security and the biblio is working

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.