Sat, Sep 28, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 11:50 pm)

Subject: Content updater broke my Poser

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2013 at 10:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Well, I downloaded the latest Content updater from Poser and install it. It immediately will not recognize either Rex or Roxie in the face room now, although I seem to under the impression that was one of the issues they were fixing.

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2013 at 11:49 PM

Did you downoad and install all files from the latest SR3?
I think you need the support file also for the faceroom to work.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 5:48 AM

Well, I had already installed the SR3 a couple of weeks ago. But if you think it might help I suppose I could try a reinstall.

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 6:59 AM

You have to install ALL files that come with SR3 26066.
And install the content update.
That should do it.

Lets' know?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 8:31 AM

Quote - You have to install ALL files that come with SR3 26066.
And install the content update.
That should do it.

Lets' know?

I thought if you download and install all of the files via Download Manager, it includes the update, as I have the new Rex and Roxie 1.1.  Although their teeth don't show up in the Face Room, they work...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 8:40 AM

Does any figure's teeth show up in the face room?

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 10:08 AM

Attached Link: http://poser.smithmicro.com/content_update.html

The content updater was released on Thursday.

http://poser.smithmicro.com/content_update.html

herb ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2013 at 1:35 PM

I have reinstalled SR3 (26066) and the Content Updater.  Faceroom will still not recognize Rex or Roxie although some of the other fixes listed (eg limit on Roxie's neck side to side) are present.  Any other ideas?  Also. the Content Updater Readme refers to a Rex and Roxie Users Guide PDF file.  Where can this be found?  Thanks. 

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2013 at 4:58 PM

ok only sort of on topic... is it just me or is roxies shoulder bending much improved?

I cant seem to replicate the ugly part of the bend that had kept me from using her intitially

Richard60 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 1:44 AM

I am also having issues with the Faceroom and Rex and Roxie.  The faceroom will work on the DEV rig version of the two but not on the actual figures.  Also the CR2 for the Dev Rig refers to the orignal Obz file and not the 1.1 version. 

When I load Rex or Roxie and go to the face room it will show the last face that was loaded.  If it is the first time then it will be the Default James LoRez.  I Tried to change the default head shape to Roxie's but then the faceroom will not load. 

If I use the DEV Rig version then select Roxie or Rex and reenter the Faceroom it does not complain, however if I try to apply the changes it complains about the number of vertices not matching.  Which I would expect since there is some differences between the object files.

Since I bought the boxed version I have to use the content updater and not redownload the whole program. 

This is on a windows 7 machine Poser 2014 and SR 3 and Content update 1.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:30 PM

I had that happen to me but my fix would not be something I'd suggest to a user, as I just deleted everything - runtimes and all - and did a clean install and update. 

If you are experiencing an issue with the updaters and SR's you should contact Smith Micro Software Tech Support. Much of the staff is out this week but there are still a few TS guys around who can probably find a simpler solution for you guys. Also, voicing the problem will probably make us take a look at the steps involved in updating both and how we can better clarify it for you end users. So please, if you're still having a problem, contact tech support. 

And Happy New Year...can't believe it's 2014. Where are my flying cars?

MarianneR ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 4:13 AM

I have the download version of PoserPro 2014 and at first I tried downloading the two updates through the store (the program and the content). Then I got the new Roxie but she still didn't work in the face room.

After that I redownloaded all 9 files through the SmithMicro download manager and now Roxie works as expected in the face room. 

I have Windows 7 64-bit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.