Fri, Sep 20, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Achieving a leather look?

whoopdat ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 11:55 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:16 PM

Anyone have any hints about how to go about achieving a leather look? I've been playing around with colors and such, and what I'd like to get is something along the lines of Billy-T's leather stuff (just the look of it), but I'm not getting results that I'm pleased with yet. So, if someone could share some hints or ideas with me, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 3:02 AM

Just a quick suggestion; Go to Freestuff section here. Search thru the clothes & conforming figures for items (like the bullet proof vest?) that appear to have a leather texture similar to what you have in mind. Download & load the item. Go to render properties & jot down the settings, reflection, transparency, etc. load the item you want to work on. Try duplicating the settings & look over results. Repeat until you find one you like, or feel comfortable enough to try a few of your own. Good luck! (I'd load one & post a screen shot for you, but I'm at my shop, & don't have poser in my laptops - sorry)

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 3:50 AM

When I want to make something look like leather, I make all object colours black and the highlight colours gray. Then I'll adjust the highlight size till the result looks nice. That works well if it's not a real close-up :-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 8:40 AM

If it is the same smoothness and shininess all over, it will look like plastic, no matter what color. You can find good leather textures at various free sites. Open up a paint program and paint over the template. (The rubber stamp tool in PhotoShop is great, for other programs you might have to rescale, cut and paste, whatever.) Save this new image out under a different name from your template! Carolly

Daio ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 2:03 PM

Or scan in some actual leather - that's what I do. You can get reasonable size pieces of leather and suede at most craft stores for very little money.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 12:05 AM

Daio, I've scanned in leather, too. However, I've got several such scraps lying around, waiting for me to do something real with them. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.