Sun, Oct 6, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Distributing an M4 Face Morph based on a ZBrush sculpt plus ++ dial spins

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 8:28 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:24 AM

I made a head morph for M4, that I thought might be worth sharing... anyone interested? (see image below)

It's principally a ZBrush sculpt.

But then I've tweaked the appearance of that a bit, once back in Poser, dial spinning the Morphs++ parameters.

Can I just save as an fc2 file and state the dependency on the ++ morphs when I distribute it???

Can my fc2 contain just my ZBrush morph target... but not the ++ morphs (i.e. just parameters for those)... if that makes sense?

Any advice, pointers to guidance note / tutorials addressing this, would be much appreciated... thanks in advance!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 9:00 AM

If your ZBrush morph was created from the base shape, and you added the Morphs++ later, then you need to: create a morph delta injection file using one of the PBMCC channels for your morph -or- create an ExP expansion so that your morph has its own unique channel. load that version of the morph set the dials for your morph and the DAZ morphs save an FC2 file optionally add readscript lines to the fc2 to load your morphs and the needed Morphs++ morphs zip up the fc2 and the data files for your morph There are tools to help with this for DAZ Studio, but I don't know what there is for Poser.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 11:14 AM · edited Wed, 11 December 2013 at 11:24 AM

Oh My; that's a very nice morph! :wub:

In Poser you could create a binary morph for the Zbrush morph and save the dial settings seperately as a fc2 or pz2 which can be called via a readscript from the pose that loads the pmd.  Details here on making a binary morph injection here...

http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13

The hardest part could be deleting all of the other morphs from M4, but there is a blank M4 cr2 at DAZ on the Morphs++ page under Resource Files. 😄  However, note that the resulting injection will only work in DAZ Studio 3 and lower, because Studio 4 does not  currently support pmd injections...

EDIT: here's an M4 blank cr2 I can post the link to...

http://www.acol56.ukgateway.net/M4BLANK.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for the pointers guys :-)

I'll have a crack at it later tonight or over the weekend.

The Zbrush sculpt was straight off the M4 base...

If I can get my head around sharing this version then I'll do that.

Otherwise, I suppose I can go back to that zbrush sculpt and refine that more, so the supplementary dial spins with the ++ morphs aren't needed... if that then simplifies sharing it.

Planning some more, on the same theme, once I get this one down ;-)

I was going to have a crack at a skin texture too... using Saint Fox's Merchant Resource. My render there is using JSGraphics' Liam character's texture... selected for the eyebrows it has (or doesn't have) largely.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 3:05 PM

Adding the supplementary dials is actually the easy part - though I'd forgotten about the option of PMD injection, despite having used it recently to help someone out, but as WandW says it's Poser-only (or DS 3 via a plugin) while my options are cross-application.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2013 at 5:54 PM · edited Fri, 20 December 2013 at 5:55 PM

Just to update on this, I found, when I started to work on preparing this to share, that I must have mixed some ++ morphs up with the morph target in the final cr2... and I hadn't saved the most complete form of the original morph target, that was purely a sculpt off the M4 base.

Drat... and double drat :-/

So I am going to have to rework the older version of the morph target, that I do have saved, a bit, to distribute it I think.

I've now also spotted various aspects I want to improve in it anyway, tbh.

Should get some time over Christmas to work on this though... ;-)

Plus some more inspiration from the telly on Christmas Day, I suspect...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to do the distribution now... I've looked at the various suggested methods, and I reckon I will go with RHaseltine's first suggestion, re. the morph delta injection file... for what seems to be maximum cross-compatibility.

Meantime, here's another render, featuring the current version... albeit in the background... and with a slightly aged look, I think... largely due to that skin texture...

Ideally, I'd like to get a custom made skin texture painted too. That would be using a MR kit though as I don't have the skill or time to start from scratch there... so I'll probably have to look at a different option for distributing that... i.e. the terms of all the MR kits I have state they can't be used for freebies...

It'll likely take me longer to do that part though too anyway... I'll focus on just getting the morph done first :-)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:28 PM

file_500499.png

I ended up resculpting this from scratch. This is just sculpted off the M4 base, in ZBrush... not used any ++morphs, so far, this time...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:29 PM

file_500500.png

Another view...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:30 PM

file_500501.png

Symmetrical, so far... but here's the view from the right...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:31 PM

file_500502.png

...and left...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:38 PM

file_500503.png

Profile...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:49 PM

file_500504.png

Smiler... :-)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:50 PM

file_500505.png

Not sculpted the inside of the mouth... but I seem to have managed to keep that working this time! ;-)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 3:54 PM

file_500506.png

Kissy kissy...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2013 at 4:01 PM · edited Sun, 29 December 2013 at 4:10 PM

I'm probably just going to go with using Snarlygribbly's SceneFixer to make an INJ and REM file.

I had never used that feature before... but that seems to be working pretty well.

The rendered figure there is a new blank M4 (not the CR2 I sculpted onto) with the morph loaded from the INJ pose I made with SceneFixer.

I checked the INJ file output in TextEdit and it is only the deltas for Neck, Head and Head-Children body parts that are in there.

I think I'll try and figure out how to sculpt a displacement layer next... while I let the poly sculpt sit a while and see what I notice about it that I need to change.

If anyone has any comment or suggestions regarding the sculpt, I'd much appreciate any input :-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 15 January 2014 at 11:30 AM

I have no suggestions to make, but I feel compelled to comment; Wonderful!

If you happen to offer this anywhere once you're satisfied with it, I'd love to have it!

Jerry

leather-guy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.