Thu, Sep 19, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:45 pm)

Subject: roach walk cycle

darquevision ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2014 at 2:47 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

hello again.

i was wondering if anyone has seen a roach walk cycle. i am thinking a spider walk cycle could work however they have an extra pair of legs.

i have cp's camel spider which has a walk cycle that i am hoping will work maybe with some tweeking. i know there was another spider walk cycle but i no longer have that file even tho it is free on cp.

any suggestions?

thanx in advance

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2014 at 6:22 PM

Just a thought...  You might have better luck finding a walk cycle for a six-legged robot (mechanical insect).  I'm pretty sure I've seen such a thing advertised including a walk cycle.

Failing that, it shoudn't be too hard to animate it by hand.  You can probably get by with moving only two angles (Zrot and Yrot) of the innermost joint on each leg. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

darquevision ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2014 at 3:55 AM

ockham that is great idea! actually both are and i certainly will try them. and i think you are right i can get away with some minimal leg movement plus the xz trans. btw the spider walk cycle did not work at all.

thanks again

btw once i am done with this project i will post the "tube" link for it.

thank you

darquevision ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2014 at 5:57 AM

so i looked around and tried a few walk cycles, failing. however i did discover animating this bug myself is far easier few y trans with the feet and body z tran- presto it looks fine, you were right.

i think next time before looking for an "easy fix" i will try toying around on my own first.

thanx again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.