Sun, Sep 15, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Some SOW fun.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 6:52 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

file_501179.jpg

Why am I making an SOW?

I wanted to see if I could do it in Daz Studio. It would have been a lot easier in Bryce, but where's the fun in that? :biggrin:

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 3:08 AM

In daz studio? Neat...was it difficult? 

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 4:08 AM

Yes, unlike in Bryce, you have to render reflective surfaces to tell if they are looking like you want them to. Water is one thing that Bryce does best.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 8:40 AM

Beautiful result!

Corrie

Hubert ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 11:39 AM · edited Tue, 21 January 2014 at 11:39 AM

Nicely done, with DS.

Could this be considered the reciprocal revenge of DS for NVIATWAS-scenes rendered in Bryce? ;)

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 10:21 PM

Now I gotta do one in Terragen, hee hee hee

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2014 at 2:52 PM

Sphere on the Water... Duh Duh Duh... Duh Duh Duh Duh

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2014 at 3:43 AM

Classic.

It's been a long time since I messed with Bryce. But if classic Bryce stuff can be achieved to some extent in DS, and Bobby is going to do it in Terragen, then I'm going to have to try it with Blender Cycles.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2014 at 5:28 AM

file_501736.jpg

No infinite planes or material presets of any kind, so it's a little trickier. (Had it crash on me once trying this while subdividing a very large plane.) This is about as close as I'll get to that Bryce classic while using Blender Cycles.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2014 at 6:15 AM

I don't have about 9 of the necessary PlugIns for this sort of scene,  like 'AddThe Sea' or 'Add The Sea Reloaded'  or even the 'FreeStormy Sea'  none of which are free or else you need the latest version of Cinema (thousands of pounds) so this is a bit of a cobble-up, I've had to use an HDRI from my Bryce HDRI folder, nothing out of the 3 or 4 free C4D ones had anything but cityscapes on it, so here's what I've come up with in Cinema4D rel 10:

Sphere Over Water in C4D

Kind of interesting to try, (but soooo much easier in Bryce!)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.