Thu, Sep 19, 3:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 8.5 sale

ointment ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2014 at 4:34 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

Just noticed that Daz has a March Madness flashback. Carrara is showing as 70% off, you also get 50% off if you owned a previous version. If you are a PC Member the price drops to 84% off $85.50 then you get 50% if you're a previous owner which makes it $43 approx for 8.5. Lowest price I've seen for a while. Probably a glitch so grab it while you can.

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2014 at 7:18 AM

errr of coarse,.. I'm broke and it happens.  Only want it cause my old 7 version doesn't work with Mac OS Maverick  errrr...   hmmm who can I bum some cash off of?  LOL

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

thomllama ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2014 at 7:21 AM

hey, where do you see the "previous owner" discount.. can't find that.

piersyf ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2014 at 10:30 PM

I found it by accident... in other words, when I moved it to the basket and it came up $42.75 or something. Playing with it now. I have questions, but will post them separately so as not to contominate this thread...

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 8:30 AM

$66.75 with Pclub. I could get the $16.75 over my price limit in Pclub freebies; I think. Just the wrong time of the month for me, I'll be broke for a week or 2.

DAZ has got to do something, far more people still using C8 then C8.5.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 9:57 AM

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

Told mom about the sale and she just handed me a check; I never ask my mom for money, my brother does all the time, so...

:D

Generally I scrape by on a pittley little stock divedend.

thomllama ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 10:07 AM

Quote - "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

Told mom about the sale and she just handed me a check; I never ask my mom for money, my brother does all the time, so...

:D

Generally I scrape by on a pittley little stock divedend.

can she write me one too?  ;)   

good for you man!!  mom's are cool that way!  make her some 3D flowers :)

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 10:12 AM

Actually she preffers my romance renders.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 11:06 AM

Well I was going to check stuff out on the DAZ store, but

"There are no products matching the selection."

For the entire store lol.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 11:36 AM

OK, here we go, Just where am I suposed to put the C8.5 native content because DAZ has made it purposly hard to install any of this with out the DLC or CMS. I can find no matching folder names to drop the native content in to.

ncamp ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote - OK, here we go, Just where am I suposed to put the C8.5 native content because DAZ has made it purposly hard to install any of this with out the DLC or CMS. I can find no matching folder names to drop the native content in to.

I have my Carrara loaded onto C:DAZ 3DCarrara8.5 and dim installed some of the Native Content to Presets under that directory.  The hair caps got loaded into my runtime directory.

Don't forget to load the Carrara 8 Native content, unless you already have that installed from a prior version, or else the presets, etc will not be there.

They could also go into the My Shaders (etc) directory.

ncamp

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 2:51 PM

I absolutly refuse to use DIM or CMS. Period.

So it comes down to folder by folder sorting. No need for it except DAZ wants to discourage people from doing it and using DIM; which still would get it right. DAZ has always been notories about meking it as complex as posable to install content.

As in, genesis hair caps are DUF so don't belong anyplace in the carrara content folder, they belong  the studio content folder with genesis.

So I will be spending the afternoon sorting all this folder by folder. Which may include all the genesis stuff; a bunch of downloads I need to be downloading.

ncamp ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2014 at 4:37 PM

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the C85 Native content zip and took a look at it.  When you open it, there are two sub directories:  Carrara_8.5, and Content. 

The stuff in the Carrara_8.5 folder is the Carrara stuff and goes to where you keep your presets.

The stuff in the Content folder is the DAZ stuff and goes where you keep your Studio files. 

All of the Carrara 8.5 Native content and the Carrara 8.5 Pro Native content is just shaders for Genesis.  If you don't plan on using Genesis, there is no point worrying about these files.  All of the true Carrara content is in the Carrara 8.0 Native Content zip (your shapes, leaves, scense, lights, etc.).

I was not, by any means, recommending that you use DIM, I was just telling you where DIM installed the stuff to.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 7:43 AM

You know there are no actual textures with the carrara shaders for geneis?

So they don't work.

I've worked with this stuff long enough I had no real issues getting it all sorted. But I feel for any newbie that doesn't want to use DIM or CMS. Seems DAZ has went above and beyond in it's efforts to force every one to use them.

As in Studio hasn't had a "content" folder since DS4 came out 2 years ago. Yet all content is zipped in a "content" folder.

Content no longer comes with readmes. 

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2014 at 9:26 AM · edited Sun, 02 March 2014 at 9:28 AM

I paid more then the $50 I wanted to for carrara because of the cost of joining the Pclub. Figured I'd get it back in the Pclub freebies. Boy was I wrong.

Why is the autofit tool and content creation tool kit listed as seperate freebies for studio 4 when they come with studio 4?

25 free items, 20 of which have been free for 5 years or more.

Not saying I couldn't drop $70+ on $1.99 items if I had it. And there are some items I need for that on going scene/s I've been working on for quite a while using Jack's structures; I need that west park day room, I need the doctor and nurse costumes. But aside from what any Jack Tomalin fan would want, I didn't see much else I have any use for. But most of it is for Genesis and since autofit screws up so badly in carrara, costumes are not something I'm wasting money on.

{I especially want the rest of that train lol }

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.