Thu, Sep 19, 6:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Genesis in vue: texture with gray areas ... has solution?

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 9:55 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:20 PM

file_502305.jpg

Hello, Well, I'm going to Poser Pro2012 for Vue10complete, importing Genesis PZ3 poser in all this as well, but when in vue, the texture does not work correctly, showing white / gray areas. I'm using UV_set M4 and M4 textures characters in Genesis. The UV V4 works perfectly, the texture v4 is in perfect genesis in Vue, but my characters are somewhat farmers / Cowboys, so that a delicate texture and female V4 is not desirable for men, sweaty, dirty dust.   it's fixable in Vue? Below I placed a render of the same character made in Poser and rendered in Vue

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 9:57 AM

file_502306.png

Here a render in Poser, and everything is ok while in Poser

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 1:48 PM

I had similar problems. Haven't tried recently though.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2014 at 4:13 PM

It looks like it is switching the UVs used someplace along the way.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2014 at 3:40 AM

maybe I should try it again and this time put the dson script out of the addons folder.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2014 at 3:41 AM

I did tell daz we need an on off switch for that script but they totally ignored me.  They couldn't see the need.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2014 at 6:29 AM

Ok,
But the texture works perfect on them, while in Poser, while inside the poser's okay ... The problem is when it enters the Vue.
I am using Vue10complete with SDK September 2012 ... Is that someone with current versions of vue, is having the same problem?
There SDK Vue 2014 ... 2013? ...
Or ... if I do the animations in Poser and export only the footages of the characters in Vue, I would like to manipulate the direction of footage inside the Vue?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 5:05 AM

I noticed a 2013 SDK with Vue. can't try it though as I'm reinstalling stuff rightnow.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 5:19 AM

Quote - I noticed a 2013 SDK with Vue. can't try it though as I'm reinstalling stuff rightnow.

Yeah ... But now, people are saying that also has the same problem, even using the SDK October 2013 ... It seems that all roads lead to one place ...
Here is my thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/37677/P15

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 7:00 AM

Not good!!

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 7:39 AM

It looks to me like the subdivision cage has been exported too. I have seen that before and it is easy to fix. Can you show a screen shot of the scene browser in Vue with the genesis model expanded to show all parts?

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:12 AM

file_502410.jpg

> Quote - It looks to me like the subdivision cage has been exported too. I have seen that before and it is easy to fix. Can you show a screen shot of the scene browser in Vue with the genesis model expanded to show all parts? > > TD

Ok,
Here genesis with UV_set M4 and M4 texture Yago.
the texture of the mouth also descends to near the chin

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:38 AM · edited Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - It looks to me like the subdivision cage has been exported too. I have seen that before and it is easy to fix. Can you show a screen shot of the scene browser in Vue with the genesis model expanded to show all parts?

TD

Ok,
Here genesis with UV_set M4 and M4 texture Yago.
the texture of the mouth also descends to near the chin

The scene browser is on the bottom right. Expand the "Untitled" object by clicking on the plus sign. That way we can see what parts are contained in the model.

This image definitely indicates a UV problem, but if the subd cage is still there, that might be what you see.

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:01 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_502412.jpg

Ahh, I see. genesis here with UV_set M4 and M4 Oldman texture of JSGraphics

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:08 AM

Darn. It's welded... This was imported from a saved .pz3 out of Poser, right? Select the "body" in the browser and click "Edit Object" (either from the buttons at the top or from the right click menu). In that window you should have the option to select "split". It is under Mesh information "Number of materials". Click the split button. Now you can expand all parts in the scene browser and post another shot. Then we should beable to tell what has been exported.

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:27 AM

file_502413.jpg

Hmm, ok here it is:

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:29 AM · edited Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:29 AM

What are you using to export to Vue? If it's Poserfusion I'm assuming since it doesn't have python scripting (I think), DSON can't sent the proper information to it via SM's plugin architecture. If that's the case, it's only sending the base UV, which is V4. Your only solution from that point would be to convert the textures to V4 UV.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:37 AM

Quote - What are you using to export to Vue? If it's Poserfusion I'm assuming since it doesn't have python scripting (I think), DSON can't sent the proper information to it via SM's plugin architecture. If that's the case, it's only sending the base UV, which is V4. Your only solution from that point would be to convert the textures to V4 UV.

I saved the file in PZ3 format, then open the file in vue.
how to convert the texture of m4 to v4?

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 9:40 AM

Quote - Hmm, ok
here it is:

Alright. The subd cage is not exported. This means it is indeed a messed up UV. Vue doesn't recognize the fact that the UV is changed because that is handled via the DSON plugin. No easy work around short of converting the texture as Male3_M3Dia mentioned.

I usually export all figures from DAZ Studio as .obj. That works without a problem for me.

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 10:00 AM

I presume that this item will only convert male texture for male figure and female for female only ... am I right?

http://www.daz3d.com/texture-convertor-2-tc2

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 12:42 PM

Quote - I presume that this item will only convert male texture for male figure and female for female only ... am I right?

I have that one. If you have the correct plugin you can convert between any of the suported figures. For example M4 to V4 or V4 to Young teen (Laura).

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 1:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - I presume that this item will only convert male texture for male figure and female for female only ... am I right?

I have that one. If you have the correct plugin you can convert between any of the suported figures. For example M4 to V4 or V4 to Young teen (Laura).

TD

So it is possible that this solves my problem?

Because if so, I'll return a texture that I bought today in the morning daz store: "Victoria 4 Male GW4 Texture", and invest the cancelation of the purchase that convert

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 1:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I presume that this item will only convert male texture for male figure and female for female only ... am I right?

TD

So it is possible that this solves my problem?

Because if so, I'll return a texture that I bought today in the morning daz store: "Victoria 4 Male GW4 Texture", and invest the cancelation of the purchase that convert

It has been a while since I used it, but I do have the needed plugins. Let me give it try tonight when I get home and I can tell you for sure if it works or not.

TD

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 3:46 PM · edited Wed, 05 March 2014 at 3:47 PM

file_502420.jpg

OK, I have run a quick test. Definitely works. Here is the M4 Aaron texture converted to V4 with TC2 and the V4 plus M4 plugins, loaded on Genesis in Poser Pro 2014 with Citizen X shape dialed in, saved as .pz3, imported into Vue 2014 Infinite and rendered. Looks fine. I also applied one level of subdivision in Vue as the imported figure seems to be at base resolution.

This works but is certainly pricey right now. Theprogram is not on sale (hasn't been in some time as far as I know) and you also need the V4 and the M4 plugins. That makes it over $40. It is a nice little tool though. Somewhat slow because it does not use multiple threads.

Hope this helps

TD

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 5:32 PM

Wow! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel!!
I can not believe it! want it now
TC2 - V4
TC2 - Michael 4 Plug-in
Texture Convertor 2 (TC2)
is this is almost $ 50.00 ... (and the quotation of the dollar is high, when converted to my local currency: Real Brazil) But I've tried everything and could not result so far.
This will be my last attempt ... I've ordered the money back (the purchase I made this morning: "Victoria 4 Male GW4 Texture") ... And the money has been credited to my account in daz 3d.
Just a little more, and post the results
My vue10complete is limited ... But if that work for me ... Is this the end of suffering 2 weeks on top of that!
Let me see what it is capable ...

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 5:42 PM

file_502422.jpg

**...Just 5 more minutes and I'll be ready to start the installation ...**

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:16 PM

file_502423.jpg

AAH! HA! HA! HA! HAAA!!!!! Works!!!! I can not believe it! This is the solution! Wow, and he (converter texture is very intuitive, and it will indicate we need to do!) I'm loving it now! Here are some examples: Sliman Oldman Yago all now converted to V4 in texture converter, and applied to Genesis and also applying UV_set V4. That's what I wanted! It was what I was looking for!

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:18 PM

file_502424.jpg

And more

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:19 PM

file_502425.jpg

and...

thd777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:33 PM

Excellent. Glad it works for you, too.

Have fun

Ciao

TD 

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Wed, 05 March 2014 at 8:50 PM

Yes, and I'm very happy!
All I can say is thank you to everyone!
is incredible ... This would be my last attempt ...
And this last attempt was the solution!
Honestly, a lot, but thank you very much

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2014 at 7:28 AM

well that is good to know.  Look what the collective brain power of all you folk achieved!  One very happy Jorge, and I will try it too eventually.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.