Wed, Sep 18, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Animating with constraints

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2014 at 3:22 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:18 PM

file_502988.jpg

Hi guys, I'm working on an animation and was wondering if there is a shortcut for what I need. 

The animation is pretty simple, a guy talking on the phone. Now either naturally or out of habit, when talking you move your head around. Is there a easier way that I can have M4's hand/arm constrain to the movements of his head, so the phone and hand will follow instead of manually keying every frame, which right now is at 342 frames.

What I have set up so far to keep the phone with the hand is constrain the phone to an invisible square then parent that square to the hand, now whenever the hand moves in any direction the phone follows as it should. I would like to do the same type of thing with the hand, but can't figure out if it's even possible.

Thanks

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2014 at 4:50 PM

You can only parent the hand if you first turn on IK for (in this case) left hand.  Then it can be parented to the head.

bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2014 at 5:18 PM

Hey Bill, 

Thanks, that might just be what I was missing. I did accidentally get I to work a little while ago, but saved file and lost it, couldn't figure out what I did

J

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.