Tue, Sep 24, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: Looking for a creator for a pug doggy

YelleHughes ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 6:54 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:26 PM

I hope this finds someone in the know. 

I have been looking far and wide for a pug doggy I can use in Poser. Sadly I haven't been able to find any for sale. 

There used to be on on Renderosity, but it's no longer available.

Is there anyone who knows where I can get one? Or can someone create one or is there somewhere I can learn to create one myself?

I am the author of series on Greek Mythology, and use images I make in Poser as part of my promotion and it's important that I find a pug, who is a starring character in my books.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my begging and pleading...hope to hear from someone.

Yelle Hughes

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 7:12 PM

Attached Link: Mr. Puggles

MeshBox has one for sale at a list price of 19.95.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

YelleHughes ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 7:14 PM

Thanks Bill, I've seen the one for Meshbox and I was hoping to find another. If not, then that's the path I'm going to take.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 5:32 AM

Cloudland Castle has been inactive for a long time, but their storefront still seems to be going.  They have lots of realistic dogs including a Pomeranian. I don't know if that's close enough...

http://cloudlandcastle.net/thestore_animals.html#AKC209

Also, Lyne still has some free dog types, and may know where to find the right one...

http://www.lynescreations.com/

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

YelleHughes ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 9:32 AM

Thank you so much! The first one actually has a pug with two coats. I really appreciate this. I don't know why finding this dog was so hard.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 3:19 PM

Good! I didn't notice that! 

Animals and plants are usually hard to find.   In the earlier years of Poser, several good modelers specialized in animals and plants, but lately it's been all humans and clothing.  If you want to find critters, you have to keep track of those older websites and hope they haven't gone dark.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 8:17 PM

LisaB's still making plants.  There's currently a free tree (might be time-limited) at that place that you'd find Dawn :)  Her's tend be of the better looking models.

YelleHughes ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 9:00 PM

Thanks, I thought I saw a promo for that.

Meshbox ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2014 at 12:54 AM

Mr Puggles for Poser is still around of course :)

We tend to stay away from characters other than our original Toon People ones (and there's a new free character right around the corner, too!). All our buildings are released with Poser / DS versions.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

YelleHughes ( ) posted Sat, 05 April 2014 at 10:03 AM

Hi Chikako,

I went ahead and broke down and got a pay pal account, (that's what was holding me back on getting Mr. Puggles) opened him up in Poser and took a sample render.

Boy, am I glad I stopped being stubborn. He's as close to real life little doggy that I need to fit in with my characters with only a few changes.

Thanks for all your help, when I get an image together, I will post a pic in my gallery, so you guys could check him out if you want.

Oh, and his name in my book, is Mr. Pogo.

Lindsey ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2014 at 2:36 AM

Did you see Booba in the Rendo store?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/booba/103598/

YelleHughes ( ) posted Sun, 06 April 2014 at 3:36 PM

Wow! Lindsey, never saw it. I searched in dogs, puppys, animals, pugs, pug and it never came up. It's the one thing I find a little frustrating about Rendo's search engine, it doesn't give you everything.

Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.

Yelle  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.