Wed, Sep 18, 10:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Problem with import background picture and render over the imported image

helderres ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2014 at 1:52 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:00 AM

I'm including this new post because I realized that the old one had few details.

I have a problem when I try to import background picture and to render over the imported image.

I tried the procedure: "Menu File –import -background picture", (same as the tutorial link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM17WKVUQCI), but the imported image does not appear on the screen of the Poser.

I used the setting: "Render - Render Settings – Options: Render over Background Picture", but when I run the render command, the imported image also does not appear on the screen.

Long ago, I managed to import the image and render using this procedure, but it's been a long time since I use Poser and I forgot how to do it.

I've looked in the Poser Pro Reference Manual, but couldn't find anything that could help me.

I am using Poser Pro 2012

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2014 at 2:02 PM
Online Now!

The instructions in that video are correct.

Does the image show up in the preview window when you import the image?

It's possible you need to hide the ground plane, depending on what angle your camera is at, in order to see the background image. 

Display Menu > Guides > Ground Plane (uncheck)

~Shane

helderres ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 6:51 AM

I've done that (uncheck ground plane), but the imported image is still not showing up.

I just re-install the Poser Pro 2012, and haven't done any configuration change.

Before, when I did the procedure to import the image it appeared on the screen of the Poser.

Now I don't know what happened that is causing the image doesn't appear.

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 10:54 AM

What do you see when you import and what is the Material Room showing for the Background?

ratscloset
aka John

helderres ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2014 at 11:41 AM

I found out that some images generated in earlier versions of Photoshop (CS4 and CS5 for example), appear on the screen of the Poser when imported. Other images generated in recent versions of Photoshop, (CS6 for example), does not appear.

The images that appear on the screen of the Poser, when I give the command "File/Import/Background Picture", a window appears: "The background width/heigth ratio is different than the current window ..."

By clicking “Yes”, the image appears.

When I run the render command, the job is render on the background image imported, however, the shadow does not appear, (I believe this is because I cleared the option "Display/Guides/background plane), but I don’t know if my guess is correct.

By the way, I apologize for my bad English. You might have noticed that I am using an automatic translator.

helderres ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2014 at 1:40 PM

I don't know what could be going on.

After some tests that I did, (reinstalling old versions of Photoshop), I came to the conclusion that it's not just the images created in recent versions of Photoshop that are not displayed on the screen of Poser Pro 2012, but all images generated recently, (in Photoshop CS4, CS5 or CS6 or other image editing software), as well as downloaded from the internet are not displayed on the screen of Poser, when used the command "File/Import Background Picture".

Only the old images, (edited in the editing software or downloaded from the internet) that are displayed.

So, I wonder if anyone can help me solve this problem.

I thank you.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2014 at 6:31 PM · edited Mon, 14 April 2014 at 6:32 PM

Are you saving your images as 16 bit in Photoshop? Perhaps Poser displays only 8 bit images as the background. Does anyone know if this is the case? 

I would do a test, but I have Photoshop CS5 installed on another machine.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

helderres ( ) posted Sat, 19 April 2014 at 12:00 PM

Thank you.

I'll try to save as 8 bit.

helderres ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2014 at 8:19 AM

Dear friend moriador,

I tried to save images in Photoshop using the 8 bit, (which was the default option in my Photoshop), but it didn't work.

The Poser Pro 2012 still recognizing only old images and that were already on my PC or downloaded years ago.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.