Fri, Sep 20, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Instantly Wipe All Textures?

Darchind ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2014 at 3:29 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

Is there a python script or any method to instantly delete all textures of every object in a scene?

If I could delete every texture, it just might make the scene easier to manipulate, as I could create poses and geometries for the scene before actually rendering it.

I like to create "pose" versions of scenes, where I pose figures, save the poses, and then load them onto the figures in the "render" version.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2014 at 7:23 PM

file_503431.jpg

I don't think it would help much.  The figures would still have material zones in their OBJ files, and Poser would still try to create material nodes corresponding to the zones when it loaded.

I did a quick test on a figure that I happened to be working on....  It's a 'live' schematic symbol, with 48 separate material zones and separate controls for each, so it can show current flow by moving colors through the zones.  With all of its node paragraphs and dials, it takes 10 seconds to load.   I then stripped out all the material stuff from the file, reducing it from 760 KB to 12 KB.   Seems like it should be faster?  Only a little bit.  Takes 8 seconds instead of 10 seconds.

The problem is that Poser will always build the nodes internally whether the file specifies them or not.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Darchind ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2014 at 10:07 PM

Would it be easier to just make all the image files for the material zones blank via CR2 editing?

jonnybode ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2014 at 10:27 PM · edited Wed, 09 April 2014 at 10:29 PM

file_503432.JPG

PhilC has a script that does this in his frestuff archive:

http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php

Darchind ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 2:30 AM

Thanks a million. This is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully it also works for scenes, as I think the presence of textures really causes the framerate to stagger in the preview window. It can be quite a distraction when posing figures in a scene.

moriador ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 4:10 AM

If it's the preview that's a problem, does it not help to change the document display mode from texture shaded to something else, like... smooth shaded?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 9:14 AM

Depending on which Poser version you are running, that script may not work if it is in .pyc format.  

I would agree with moriador, does changing the shading display improve Poser response?

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2014 at 10:19 AM

Its in .py format so it works in poser pro 2014 without problem , how I use it is:

In material room, select one item, remove texture, with item selected run script and all items will be like the first selected item.

The script has sometimes stuck in a loop if I have a character in a scene, but for props its wonderful.

My use is not for performance boost but sometimes i like to make renders with everything in the same colours :-)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2014 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 12 April 2014 at 9:04 AM

maybe snarly's scene fixer has such an option?

would be nice if such a script could leave just the bump an normal maps

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.